Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Walk before breakfast, before it got too hot.

Question of the day -
Is it easier to jog uphill than walk, as its easier for the horse to trot?
I was full of beans this morning so had to have a little jog to resettle the pace. Don't get excited it was probably twenty strides but I woke up as if had my oats.
?

I tried running across the yard playing a game of catch me with Chloe - I had a feed bucket and thought it would encourage her to trot to me. It didn't. She has one speed. I am so bad on my knees now I almost fell over :eek: I think I'm about as old as they are in human / horse years. We are trundling together. Running uphill wouldn't be an option for any of us here. Glad you felt so jaunty though!!!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Have made a reasonable start to the weight reduction regime on week one, so I'll have to pop in only for water, coffee or diet fizz from now on. I don't want to squash my loan pony when I finally get started post lock down.

.I did have a go a jogging a bit DOWNHILL yesterday on my walk. Well, we have to start somewhere! I went out late in the evening and it was super quiet. Must remember to take the phone so I can snap pics of my usual excursion. There was an eye catching row of seagulls lined up along the ridge tiles of the church but I couldn't snap them.

Just eaten a piece of cheese on toast with onion and left over red cabbage. A pitta bread stuffed with left over beef, more onion and red cabbage and sweet pepper and dessert was a peice of apple. Was tasty.

I seem to have eaten loads today. I had cereal at 7am. Left over homemade apple and blackcurrant pie with custard at 11am. Now lunch.

Im putting it down to the weight ive lost this week. Probably the 24hrs where i didnt keep anything down, oh and the extra running. Was just running to the end of road and back, which is about 1.3 miles. Saturday i pushed myself to 2 miles. With steep hill and back down. Yesterday i pushed even more, with even more hill, and a very steep one at that, and did 3 miles in total.
My legs are ok running up hill, its my chest. I find it just gets tight and i struggle to breath almost gasping. Ironically yesterday when i got to the top of the steep bit, it levels out with a more gradual up hill. I suddenly found it easier on my chest. By the time i turned round and run back down my breathing was back to normal jogging breathing. I was amazed at the speed i recovered. I do think im building up my aerobic base. Considering ive had two complete months off running. To do 3 miles having only been back running 10 days or so is fab for me. My down side today is that my plantar was bad this morning. My hamstring is also giving a little niggle. Im doing my mile run tonight.

Being a good mummy i of course test my routes i take my horses. That same hill i ran up last night i took chunky up this morning in the carriage. He was struggling in the walk so i did make him trot it. He makes it feel so much easier than me running it. He doesnt get to the top huffing and puffing like a steam train. Only me that does that.

Is that for your hay fever? Have you tried Beconase, mr t swears by it.
Thank you Trewsers for the recommendation, it’s for some random allergy I appear to have developed over the last month, itching skin was driving me nuts so doc recommended antihistamines, one a day for a week (I’d been taking half a tablet every three days, because that was working) she said if I have the full dose it might be enough to knock whatever it is on it’s head, but even cetirizene make me snoozy.
Wracking my brains as to what’s caused it to be honest, I’m a sensitive soul though and lots of thing irritate my skin, doc reckons it could even be something I’m eating, but again, no changes there really. Hopefully docs suggestion has worked as I’m sick of feeling so tired, although I’m sleeping really well so at least that’s a positive!

Thank you Trewsers for the recommendation, it’s for some random allergy I appear to have developed over the last month, itching skin was driving me nuts so doc recommended antihistamines, one a day for a week (I’d been taking half a tablet every three days, because that was working) she said if I have the full dose it might be enough to knock whatever it is on it’s head, but even cetirizene make me snoozy.
Wracking my brains as to what’s caused it to be honest, I’m a sensitive soul though and lots of thing irritate my skin, doc reckons it could even be something I’m eating, but again, no changes there really. Hopefully docs suggestion has worked as I’m sick of feeling so tired, although I’m sleeping really well so at least that’s a positive!

Wonder if the allergy has been caused or made worse by maybe more time indoors? I know you are still seeing lovely Belle, but are you inside more overall? The central heating wreaks havoc with mr t and for years he's had to use Beconase and fling windows open whenever he can.
I hope yours settles down soon. Am guessing you've ruled out all the usual suspects like different washing powders etc?

Have made a reasonable start to the weight reduction regime on week one, so I'll have to pop in only for water, coffee or diet fizz from now on. I don't want to squash my loan pony when I finally get started post lock down.

.I did have a go a jogging a bit DOWNHILL yesterday on my walk. Well, we have to start somewhere! I went out late in the evening and it was super quiet. Must remember to take the phone so I can snap pics of my usual excursion. There was an eye catching row of seagulls lined up along the ridge tiles of the church but I couldn't snap them.
Ah now you see I was planning on walking downhill as I don't trot downhill either.
My brain seemed to think it was better on our knees to walk, just a random thought no idea if that's rubbish.

Well the coffee shop does provide water for those dieting I'm sure ! lol
How exciting getting a loan pony, bet you can't wait to begin.

Who was waiting for the hairdressers to open?

"As per the roadmap, hairdressers, nail bars and beauty salons, and the hospitality sector, remain closed, because the risk of transmission in these environments is higher where long periods of person to person contact is required"

So not before June 15 because that's non essential shops.
I have to say I had a shock with the grey I found!!!! May have to slightly restyle to hide it. Can't see the point in colouring at this time of year for the sun to fade it out. Unless I go for a whacky colour just on the top.

Who was waiting for the hairdressers to open?

"As per the roadmap, hairdressers, nail bars and beauty salons, and the hospitality sector, remain closed, because the risk of transmission in these environments is higher where long periods of person to person contact is required"

So not before June 15 because that's non essential shops.
I have to say I had a shock with the grey I found!!!! May have to slightly restyle to hide it. Can't see the point in colouring at this time of year for the sun to fade it out. Unless I go for a whacky colour just on the top.

Hennaplus cream doesn't fade, I've been using it for years now. In fact, it's quite difficult to be rid of lol
I had the darkest shade and fancied going more like hazelnut but it took some shifting. Now I'm dark again lol

1/2 a donut and rivita for pre breakfast. Got up and out early for a hack.
My mum whipped up a savory scone round with some left over red cabbage, onion, bacon and cheese for breakfast.
Been off doing more halter training on the calves this morning. They are coming on well. Although ones still playing hardball. Will try to post some video from from the training sessions at some point.

Lamb burger for lunch shortly.

Have managed to survive over the weekend with stuff out the freezer and stretched the food we had left, but the fridge is empty so will have to go do the big shop this afternoon. Argh so dont want to but we need to eat.

Just walked today, it's no good I definitely need some sort of rucksack. I ended up carrying the clothes I took off.
Though apparently that's non essential retail, so maybe we won't bother in future.
? ?
CD arrived, so will listen to that.

newrider.com