Considering an arab?

Please tell me his registered name isnt warriors independance, if it is, i am going to cry big time !

God that would have been spooky ! He looks so like the Indie that I hauled out of a dealers yard as a 3yr old nervous recently gelded half starved lad. Ages are the same too. I split up with the guy who bought him for me & he claimed ownership of indie despite knowing that there was no way in hell he could have coped with him, so he sold him asap and never let me know where he went to, been searching for him since.

Oh how awful! Hope you manage to find him. Im trying to find my first arab too but having no luck!

I've been led to believe he was re passported under a different name not showing his rainbow warrior sire lines. He'll be out there somewhere.

Lovely photos Kc Mac :) in my heart I know I really want an arab...just have to be strong when other people try to dissuade me I guess :rolleyes:

I got my arab mare when I was 11 and I've owned her for nearly 8 years now. She's perfect :)
One thing I would say though is that Arabs are very opinionated and if you want to jump either buy one that knows how or is younger and easier to teach. My mare was 8 when I got her and it has been a real know go with the jumping - she can jump but has no real understanding of it and totally lacks enthusiasm re taking off!

ETA, what are Indie's bloodlines, he's gorgeous!

Go for it, Arabs are really fab horses, my first horse was an Arab and 9 years on he is still with me along with 2 others and I have had another 2 inbetween. They really do pick you when I went ot view my 3 year old colt he was just a few weeks old, not what I had originally been looking for but he just 'spoke to me' and I had to have him so I now have him and his 2 year old brother. Some show horses are fine may I just defend them as my lad is show bred and sound as you like! I have jumped, enduranced, shown inhand and under saddle and hacked. I would say for a good arab around the £2500-3000 mark. I would also look on arabianlines.com

My first was Jasmine. A very hot and scared of humans Arab x welsh broodmare. I broke her in at 10 years of age. She is still with me 15 years on!! Still a bit mad too! I have also had 3 other purebreds and one other partbred. i couldn't be without them, they are my world. My current horse is a mare, chestnut and 4 stockings! Bad luck or what? No way!!! :D :D

wow20.jpg

Oh she does jump a bit too. Would jump much higher than this but I have never had any jumps since this day!

showjump16.jpg

Oh and I have this too, a 70% Arab colt

wow.jpg

Here is my first pony Jasmine:

rear6.jpg

Last edited:
I had a nightmare trying to find my first horse. After two failed attempts with other breeds (welsh cob and IDX) I put an ad up on Arabian Lines. My Ernie arab found me! He was fresh out of arab racing and dearly loved by his owner who had had him for six years. He has given me so much confidence back- I have gone from being a nervous wreck who used to cry with fear before getting on a horse- to cantering bareback with only a halter! I trust him THAT much. The only way I will ever be able to pay him back for what he has done for me is to promise to keep him for the rest of his life.
A word of warning. I would avoid arabs who have been passed around a lot. It does tend to ruin them, in my experience. Buy from someone who is an arab expert- scour Arabian Lines, where you are more likely to find a good 'un, rather than buying off horsemart where you are likely to come across a dealer who just happens to have one in. They don't respond well to harsh treatment and it can irrevocably damage them in some cases.
They are ,in very many ways, much more than 'just a horse.'

Choose carefully.....my Tess is 3/4 arab.....she is VERY clever (sp) sharpe and no way a novice ride. However her life was awful before she came to me, I got her from a rescue centre 8 years ago, unboken at 7!!!! yes 7 years old......she will never be my sole riding horse, she is extreamly spooky, mareish and tempremental (sp) BUT!!!!! I do love her!!! just about anyway lol x

newrider.com