Coronavirus

I think the idea is that they will lift the shielding at the start of August because by then cases will be so low the risk should be greatly reduced? Not much of a comfort if you are shielding I imagine. But then there is a risk of dying every day and I suppose if they get the risk as low as that then it's not as bad? I don't really know what I'm talking about, hope that made sense.

Was reading an article about a para rider today who is literally starving to death because she's unable to get hospital treatment and feeding due to spina bifida. And yet they have restarted fertility treatment? That makes no sense surely

Blimey that doesn't sound right at all about the para rider. How awful. And yeah that doesn't make sense beginning the fertility treatment does it? Sometimes I wonder who makes these decisions.

Reactions: MrA
I had to go out unexpected today. So decided to go to the post office too as had documentsthat needed to be stamped. Wish i hadnt as i had one old dear who really peeved me. Im stood in the post office queue and she walked right past the few people stood in a queue infront of me, then past me at the back of the queue, then came and sat right next to me on a box to take the weight off her feet, but it ment she was literally a metre away from me whilest i was stood on the marker, waiting in the post office queue. I stepped away and was practically pinned against the shelving the other side of the isle. She made no attempt to distance as she walked past others.
Then she gets off the box and walks up to me practically in my face and asks to queue jump in front of me as she had a taxi waiting. I just told her my business wouldnt take long. Normally i would have been curtious and said yes fine. With the current situation and not wanting to be near others i really didnt want to be in the shop. It was actually very busy in there as well today. I really took exception to the way she walked past others and plonked herself next to me. Then in my face. She then went to pay for her shopping at the main part of the shop.
She even asked a lad in the coop queue for the time. She was right within his face space too i noticed when she asked him. Thats obviously the type of person she is but it was making me mega tense.

When i got to the coop till. The old dear was on the other till next to me by this time. I did wonder if she was a know pain in the butt as the cashier that served me looked across then said Ill try and log on to the next till over.

Sadly I've seen so much of this sort of thing, and awful as it sounds it's very often the elderly. I wonder if sometimes the not respecting social distancing is due to difficulty hearing or seeing from a distance? But some are just plain rude and seem to think that being older means the rules don't apply to them. I wonder if they realise quite how much it stresses other people? And for what it's worth @chunky monkey I don't think any the worse of you for not letting her queue jump, in fact I think it's rude of her to ask.

I think the idea is that they will lift the shielding at the start of August because by then cases will be so low the risk should be greatly reduced? Not much of a comfort if you are shielding I imagine. But then there is a risk of dying every day and I suppose if they get the risk as low as that then it's not as bad? I don't really know what I'm talking about, hope that made sense.

Was reading an article about a para rider today who is literally starving to death because she's unable to get hospital treatment and feeding due to spina bifida. And yet they have restarted fertility treatment? That makes no sense surely

That's disgraceful about the para rider, no-one should be left without basic care and feeding is basic care. I would have thought there were an awful lot of things that money should be spent on before fertility treatment, let alone limited NHS funds. But then I've never been convinced fertility treatment should be provided by the NHS, but that's a whole different argument.

Yes Ale lots of vibes for your mom.

Chunky Monkey ..

Your a SAINT.

I could not have put up with that in this pandemic.
Sigh I have to go to the post office in the next day or so now I'm seriously not looking forward to it.
I was in the bank this am its been re opened a week to just walking in without an appointment it went great.
Then I went for some first cut hay one of the owners of the feed store said he got a real hair cut for the first time in months and precautions were great and he felt safe.
His wife was already home schooling so they were fine when schools closed and started distance learning ..his kids had mo changes.
He said she had to request the fall
Curriculum really early cause now there is a mad rush of people wanting to home school.

Reactions: Trewsers
Heck that would have got me mad! I know we are all about being kind etc right now, but honestly - there is a limit! I think you did well by the sounds of it. I might have got quite cross and either walked out or said something rude. Oh dear. I hope your next trip to the Post office is better and less stressful.
I am starting to be rude if I hear people saying the virus has gone, or I won't catch it. It's not about catching it anymore to me, though I still distance, washing hands etc.
If you or a loved one have an accident you or your loved one will be taken to hospital alone, you will stay there alone until discharged.
If you our your loved one is seriously unwell you can see them through a pain of glass, you will not be allowed any other contact with them.
Now tell me the virus has gone? Because we are still living with situations that are unseen. I can't begin to think of psychological impact that has on both sides. People in care homes still haven't seen relatives, they are seeing people's eyes due to the PPE.
It's ? trust me!

As of today NJ CT and NY
are going to make anyone coming from the states that are now getting big spikes
Quarrentine for 14 days.

Our governor was asked in today's briefing if she is going to follow suit..
SHE HAD BETTER

OR THEY WILL ALL BE COMING HERE

This state isnt doing too bad right now overall. We don't need a BACKSLIDE

Well as my mum predicted they have apparently stopped the daily news briefings here. There only going to do them if the have an announcement to make. Think the figures were falseified anyway but theyll be even worse now i imagine.

WTF is going on with leaders in
THIS TOWN.
LAST NITE council men voted to become
a first amendment sanctuary town and not
Uphold the governors executive orders to do with Corona.
So this bloody town will become a wild west free for all .... you don't want to wear a mask fine...
You want to congregate in large groups have at it.
You want a big parade bring it on.
This REALLY REALLY pisses me off.
I'm trying really hard to not get sick and
They are going to welcome all the BAD BEHAVIOR and have instructed police to
Do nothing about it.

• Wow
@chunky monkey I imagine it will still be possible to get daily figures, it's just there won't be all the droning on of a daily brief which for a while now hasn't really had much new to say on a daily basis. The figures are the figures, the daily brief has no impact on them.

@horseandgoatmom sometimes I just can't get my head around how the US government works. How can something like that be allowed to happen in a pandemic? You have my sympathy being stuck in a situation like that, I hope you can stay safe and away from people who apparently have no regard for others safety and indeed think they are right to put them at risk.

@chunky monkey I imagine it will still be possible to get daily figures, it's just there won't be all the droning on of a daily brief which for a while now hasn't really had much new to say on a daily basis. The figures are the figures, the daily brief has no impact on them.

The statistics are available for anyone interested on the Office for National Statistics website.

I mean honestly what was the government expecting to happen. Did they say anywhere not to visit the beach? Last I checked you could drive as far as you want and be outside sunbathing for as long as you want. Of course people are going to visit the beach in that case.

I still cycle past one roadsign that says essential travel only. I'm confused by that when everywhere else I read how our numbers are dropping, they are going to reduce more measures etc etc.

I am sorry for you New Forrest. Our quiet and largely middle class London suburb is still very very quiet.
Very few deaths near here when I last looked and only 2 on the Estate, where we have blocks of ex council flats. Some people in this street fled to their second homes which was stupid as London has major hospitals and daughter told me she was never short of PPE. Homeless are in a hotel near the station and being fed.

Our Labour MP organised a massive help network with people making scrubs for our care homes and basic food parcels for those in need. The food bank is still running that way. I heard on the news last night, people in Bristol hoping that rough sleepers now in hotels would not return to sleeping on the streets.

My brother and his wife got safely back from the USA and are preparing to open their lets and hotel in Scotland when it is permitted.

Daughter is very worried about resurgence -

It actually annoys me more the amount of rubbish people seem to think it's fine to dump all over local beauty spots, be that beaches or parks. If they want to risk catching Covid by going shoulder to shoulder to the beach that's their choice, just clear up your disgusting mess when you leave! You can bet your life if someone walked down their street or through their block of flats dropping litter everywhere they would be the first to jump up and down in outrage.

Skib glad your brother and family got back safely.

Ugh I saw a. article this am with lots of photos w the crowds on the beaches over there.
And omg the amount if trash they left.
Sadly you have no shortage of morons
Either.
Shame we can't gather them all to a deserted island.
HAVE AT IT.. ENJOY YOUR CROWDED BEACH
.INFECT EACH OTHER AND ..
HAVE A NICE LIFE.

On a good note the police chief in town said his department is NOT GOING TO
Pick and choose what rules to ENFORCE
or IGNORE.

Thank god HE'S NO FOOL.

Some states getting horrific surges
Its very VERY Scary.
They are now pulling back on closer contact things that opened.
Bars. Inside eating restraunts. Beaches
Etc.
Supposedly many more restraunt workers are becoming infected.
Is it because if being around in house eating of people or running to the crowded beaches on days off...

It does scare me even about take out now.

Lol a listing of some of safest outdoor activities included horseback riding but I'm
Not jumping back in.
I really don't want to risk a fall or injury
Sending me to the emergency room.

newrider.com