Coronavirus

It could be worse here looking at that.
I don't understand how the different states work, but that is why they have such a huge death toll.

To an extent we've lost the lockdown. But the original thing was stay safe stay home and I am still doing exactly that.
You can't distance here, it's like sardines in town on the beaches.

The best comment in regards to the virus, the tourists don't think they need to wear a mask in shops, as my county doesn't have the virus!
Eh, yes we do, just less cases. You could be spreading it to us by coming to us and not distancing, not using masks and not washing your hands.

We have pushed back the school start date
By 2 weeks here.
It will be interesting to see what the governor says in her briefing today.

New Zealand can't be happy with new cases now.
To be honest we need the children back at school. It will mean that people can't then we off doing what they like. Because they've got the school run to do and their day has a routine.
Not having a routine will feel great initially, one big holiday, but that soon turns into boredom and with it it's then harder to knuckle back down to work.

So many people aren't yet back in work. It's amazing how many jobs are linked to businesses that aren't open yet.

But our pm will not get people using public transport and going green with no air conditioning!! Using as mask in a vehicle with air conditioning and minimum windows that open =feeling sick. I got off and walked!

• Sad
Reactions: Kite_Rider
I'm glad my kids are horses and goats...
and HOME SCHOOLED.

They had said parents can opt out of in person schooling for the distance learning.
I don't know how much kids learn that way.
It's like people working at home it works for you or you hate it and don't do well.
I loved working at home.

Msny people are trying to arrange small private PODS of kids and then hire a private teacher .
Some teachers had quit public schools in favor of doing that.
Our weekly briefing is in an hr..
It will be interesting to see whats Said.

We don't even get briefings anymore

They are fiddling the figures to bring us in line with other parts of the UK, it's less by 5000.
They can make them sound better, but people out there now are tired, and think gone.

We don't even get briefings anymore

They are fiddling the figures to bring us in line with other parts of the UK, it's less by 5000.
They can make them sound better, but people out there now are tired, and think gone.

I didn't realise it would actually come to pass that we weren't shocked and worried anymore when there was the virus around. At the start each thing worried and upset me and mr t. Now it's just normal. And still horrible - but no longer do I sit there agog. That's scary though really, we've begun a dull acceptance.

Yes I can recall the shock and fear I felt at hearing on the news we had our first case.
What's worrying is countries that were quicker than us to shut down, had less cases, are now suffering more cases again.
We are back at over 1000 cases a day, and things are not being shut!

People are acting more like that here too

The schools here are not ready w their plans she said and she was blunt to teachers not wanting to go back to work
That its a job and if you want to get paid you have to go to work ...not if your sick...
But like anyone else.

Apparently block island is a mess of people not following the rules
Im sure there are not many inspectors.
The rash of cases in older people are
Family life changes. Wedding... baby shower.. graduation party etc etc
The rash with younger people are house parties. Pool parties ..beach parties etc

There is clear divide but they are all still being stupid and careless..

I'm now more concerned about what comes next - we've had SARS, Avian, covid - each one worse than the last - so how bad is the next one going to be? And I used to be an optimist :rolleyes:

• Sad
Well NZ has a new outbreak after 102 days with no community transmission.
Auckland has gone into lockdown again as all the cases so far have been there, but we'll find out tomorrow evening if it's going to be extended to the rest of the country.

newrider.com