Coronavirus

Ugh we got 6 inches MUCH MORE than they said and it went ALL THE WAY to the coast ... it as suoppsed to stay more to the north of the state up here.

But its A GOOD THING IT COVERED the whole state not everyone got 6 inches but it will put a bit ofba damper on the thugs and morons..

I saw the snowplow go past a few times.
We can get out if need be .. But probably take the road rhat bypasses the huge hill and I could get in the gates etc.
It didn't stop til almost dark.
We are supposed to start sunny right out of the gate so it should be pretty.

This really REALLY is a lot so early.
Thankfully tomorrow it will warm up and start melting..today will be really cold.

The briefing here yesterday really doesn't affect us at all.
We dont do any of the behavior she addressed.

She reduced gathering to 10
Closed all indoor sports places.
No spectators at any school sports..
People are gathering at outside sports no masks close no distance and lots of cases stemming from that.
She is discouraging carpooling but if you have to wear mask at all times and have windows open.
She wants worshiping to go virtual.
There is too much contact there and people going out for coffee etc after services etc.

She wants everyone to make a list of people you NEED TO be in contact with
And keep ro just those VERY FEW

If they find gatherings parties etc above the 10 limit..
The host qill will be fined $500.00 for every person above 10
She said they WILL go to peoples houses..
Thats gonna get ugly I'm sure.
No visitation at hospitals and nursing homes again.

She did not do a lot with commerce most of the current problem are CASUAL
get togethers friends family etc where no one is distanced or wearing masks.
because ohhhhh its. Family...or friends..or a neighbor..

They are having trouble contact tracing a big party from last week ..they are up to 1000 contacts already stemming from it.
There will be a huge fine coming down.
everyone there then had many MANY other contacts.

One Moron reporter said why don't you impose restrictions on the older vulnerable people and leave the young ones alone if they get it they are not affected much..
WTF did he leave his brains at the door..

She set him straight young people gather no masks no distance THEN go to work etc and serve people in restaurants or are cashiers at grocery stores now
INFECTING YOUR GRANDMOTHER getting groceries.
The morinic stupidity HAS TO STOP
at non structured casual gatherings.

She said if things continue more changes and going back on phases will come.

Not one thing she said was part of our behavior.

On a Creepy HALLOWEEN NOTE lol
when I opened the front curtains this am at 5.

Omg what a perfect Halloween photo
Its kind of cool with the frost on the windows the silhouette horse wreath and horse statue on the windowsill and the heavily snow covered tree outside in the light from the lamp on the telephone pole.

It should be quite pretty when the sun comes up20201031_053112.jpg

Ale.. yes hugs coming from here too.

It is very aggravating to see and hear all the insanity of morons.

If they were only affecting themselves I'd say have at it if YOU get sick.
I DON'T GIVE A DAMN..

Now here WTF they are pushing for
normal citizens to purchase and carry
NARCAN.. that I guess can be bought over the counter..
So that if you see someone overdosing
JOHN Q PUBLIC can step in.
REALLY ..
are they nuts.... ohh the good samaritan law protects you..
How many lay people would even know what that even looks like or how to properly administer narcan.

Reactions: Trewsers
There was a man on tv yesterday, one of the news channels, he was from Nottingham which is tier three, he had just come back from a betting shop in Derbyshire (next county) because ‘he likes a flutter and betting shops are closed in his area’ how in hell can we hope to get on top of this when there are utterly selfish idiots like him? Plus why was he not reported to the police and given a massive fine.
It beggars belief. What a twerp. Could he not have done online betting if he was so desperate????!!!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
What about that person they had on that flew home but didn't self isolate because they felt fine. Another example of the media encouraging people to act this way. It's everywhere, even that advert on the radio with the line 'we all exercised more, because it became a bit illegal' something like that. There's no such thing as a bit illegal, it's either legal or it isn't. These people are breaking the law, and could potentially cause deaths from doing so, should be treated seriously, not all some big joke for ratings. I'm not okay today, I'm not coping well with this all now. I'm lucky I've still got a job and my horse but I am just really struggling with the whole gravity of the situation, that we can't do anything to help ourselves out. Our power to do anything has been given to a bunch of morons running the country!
You are not alone in your feeling. I get very frustrated and worried as some of my family aren’t as bothered as they should be and I am powerless to do anything about it. It’s sad reading about people who don’t even believe it’s a serious illness.

If your REALLY BUNDLED UP
ITS NICE OUT

I do think its going to curtail mayhem and protest crap.

Trick or treating will not be wide spread.

The snow is falling off the trees really quickly with full sun and deep blue cloudless sky.

My worry is that people will switch to last minute indoor parties making things worse

The kids all loved the snow.
Human or animals ALL KIDS LOVE SNOW

Tomorrow will warm up so we may have a good amount melt.

20201031_085346.jpg20201031_083859.jpg

I'm REALLY surprised a lot of the snow has gone.
It has been bright sun rught from the start not a cloud in the sky.
I do hope it doesn't bring out the insanity tonite being it Is actually quite nice

Its a rare blue moon tonite aside from being Halloween.
Ugh we have enough unsafe nutcases
On a nondescript day.

Im glad I got kids snow photos to make ornaments this am.

@chunky monkey is it me or did todays announcement not happen? I think a national lockdown is wrong, and even more so if it doesn't include schools. There is no logic to this that I can see. The time for a national lockdown, if there had to be one and I don't think there did, was when figures started to rise. Now I feel they've missed the window and may as well reintroduce shielding for the very vulnerable, put travel restrictions on tiers rather than mere advice and let it run it's course - and I hate saying that.

All I can see is we are going around in circles. The same original people that took no notice last time won't this time. More panic buying. More loneliness for vulnerable people living alone, more businesses struggling - it's just rubbish really the whole thing. I feel sorry for everyone who is affected. And people are going to fight against it in areas where the numbers are low. Argh. I keep thinking I'll wake up one morning and the world will be back to normal. If only we could re-wind the clock.

No option to shield for the extremely vulnerable and schools still open. Hospitality and non-essential shops to close again but manufacturing to stay open. No mention, that I've seen, of travel restrictions. It all feels a bit like they're going through the motions.

Did you hear what the PM said about the NHS? Very sobering words.

I work for an independent sector hospital just over the road from the main NHS hospital in the City. We've been under contract to NHS England since March, so the local NHS Trust was able to use our capacity to treat non-Covid patients. Things were getting better and we've been able to take some capacity back to finally treat those patients who were booked for procedures before Covid hit.

This week NHS England announced.that they are taking back 100% capacity of all NHS and Independent Sector hospitals in our region as they are already becoming overwhelmed with Covid patients. At the moment it looks as though we will be taking urgent (eg cancer) procedures because the Trust will be under too much pressure to treat them.

Imagine turning up at A&E with a life threatening condition and there was no one physically available to treat you. A waiting room and ambulances full of seriously ill people, dying where they are because there's no staff to deal with them. Doctors and nurses having to make the choice between who gets treatment and survives and who gets left and dies.

We take it for granted that the NHS will be there for us if we really need it, despite the annual grumbling that it can't cope with winter pressures. This time it's real and it really might not be there for us.

I don't think the lockdown is about stopping the virus in its tracks, it's just slowing it down enough for the NHS to cope.

In continuation of that, the guy I work with who was diagnosed with cancer in late Feb is still awaiting his first chemo treatment. They did remove the tumour but he was told at the time 1 round then and he would be given all clear. Any delay would mean 8 rounds I think. Dread to think how many rounds he needs now.

@Ale I wonder how much delays in treatments depend on where you live? Around here I know people who's chemo has gone ahead as scheduled, both existing courses and new, but I'm in an area with a relatively low incidence of Covid. But wasn't some of the idea behind the Nightingale hospitals to take Covid out of normal ones and allow other treatments to continue more safely, at least until a time they couldn't cope?

• Sad
A woman up the road walks daily she had gotten leukemia from a blood transfusion during a a double knee replacement.
Ongoing thru rhe pandemic shes been going twice weekly to tjw hospital.
She has a chemo pump or something and always wears a related back pack.

Good news I saw her walking a few days ago shes in remission.

Thank God there were no incidents last nite unless there is something on the 6am news

What an annoying time I'm probably going to hell but I was annoyed and spoke up.

We went out later in the AFTERNOON to get a few things ugh big mistake.

I go to pick up my photos at the pharmacy
Omg now its a covid testing site now.
Big signs outside and inside the door
DRIVE THRU TESTING ONLY DON'T ENTER THE BUILDING.

The world was out it seemed going thru chepachet again a huge traffic jam and mobbed w walkers.
I think the tavern was having a Halloween
Ta do or something people seemed to be heading there costumed WTF PEOPLE don't gather.. my mood is becoming worse.

We pass one of the pop up Halloween stores Spirit Halloween omg huge line out the door.
Again I'M thinking WTF ..NO PARTIES MORONS...

Ugh get to Bj,s the 2 main things I need
They don't have this Isn't making my mood any better. The line forms down the middle then your directed to cashier.
I'm finally at the front get directed
As I'm just getting to register a bloody woman from the side of an aisle bypasses the line and walks right in front of me..
That was it.
I said you have to go to the END OF THE LINE LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE.
Of course she spoke half ass English and the bloody do gooder in front of me says
Say your with me.
So she just cuts right in.

Maybe I was uncharitable but enough is enough I FOLLOW THE RULES and I'm sick of no downside to bad behavior.

Coming home It was now dark passing that tavern again cars everywhere clearly no distancing could possibly be happening there.

Get to our road the beginning end still in Chepachet more dense is FULL OF TRICKER TREATERS.
No distances. So much for responsible people people being careful and behaving safely.
THAT WAS ALL OUT THE WINDOW.

Im sure the surge will get even worse and we will go back to phase 2 and all those morons will cry the loudest..
OUR BAR CLOSED... OUR SCHOOLS ARE VIRTUAL AGAIN..

• Wow
newrider.com