Coronavirus

The insanity continues..the media REALLY NEEDS TO CALL THIS BEHAVIOR OUT.

They give barely a mention and sweep it under the carpet.

The baseball team that won the worlds series a week or so ago had a player pulled mid game for a positive test and he was supposed to go to isolation.

The team won the worlds series that day and hes shown gathered parying with the teammates all gathered no distance no masks...
And it was said ohhhhh hes a TEAMMATE.. crap
WTF...
he was supposed to be in isolation Not PARTYING..
Now a lot of the teammates are positive.

People idolize these sports people and its no surprise things are so bad when they pull this get away unscathed media wise...and they are defended by the media.

It really gets annoying we had over 1500 new cases since friday.
People are not behaving or following the rules they are just more and more going back to anything goes.

Now they claim there is a huge backlog to people getting tested.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
I wonder what the governor will say on Thursday's briefing we had 701 cases yesterday and positivity rate over 7%.
THIS IS BEYOND SCARY.

No. Matter how you try to be careful do the right thing and don't engage in risky behavior its becoming terrifying.

An article said 80% of cases are from
Hotels ...gyms ..restraunts .. places of worship... gatherings..
None of which we do but these people
ALL GO OTHER PLACES.
It's a big worry what has the cashier in the grocery store or the person behind you been doing.

Sadly but true it stated people willing to risk their life at a non masked no distanced baby shower ARE BEYOND HELP.

I can only imagine how packed places will be today being a holiday...I'm glad theres nothing I can't live without.

• Wow
Reactions: MrA and Trewsers
I'm so annoyed. Rainy saturday at work and we are packed. Other places are closed so of course where do they go. We have no restrictions on what can be sold, my bosses are rubbing their hands with glee. How on earth is this fair at all for other businesses. How is us being open with basically no restrictions safe. The main problem I have is no one is here doing essential shopping. The Christmas area is absolutely packed. Yes we all need something to look forward to for mental health. I bet those who have family members who have died were rather looking forward to spending Christmas be with them though.

Hands up who things this lockdown has a hope in hell of working, cases are still on the rise 8 days in, should it not have started slowing by now if this was working?

I'm so annoyed. Rainy saturday at work and we are packed. Other places are closed so of course where do they go. We have no restrictions on what can be sold, my bosses are rubbing their hands with glee. How on earth is this fair at all for other businesses. How is us being open with basically no restrictions safe. The main problem I have is no one is here doing essential shopping. The Christmas area is absolutely packed. Yes we all need something to look forward to for mental health. I bet those who have family members who have died were rather looking forward to spending Christmas be with them though.

Hands up who things this lockdown has a hope in hell of working, cases are still on the rise 8 days in, should it not have started slowing by now if this was working?
My friend who lives in London says nobody much seems to be taking notice of it at all. She reckons the street she lives on is busy as ever, cars coming and going at all hours, not like last time where she said it was dead. It's very sad isn't it that people aren't abiding by the rules. But at the same time - the rules don't make sense to me. I'm sure people can still travel abroad? I can see why folk would be miffed at being told to stop inside when there are planes taking off and people travelling. You're right people do need something to look forward to at Christmas but this isn't they way is it. Of course your bosses will be chuffed to be doing a roaring trade - I suppose they look at it like if they aren't breaking any rules............................they might as well make hay while the sun shines.

The thing is it isn't a proper lockdown, is it. They're saying the word but so much is still open and the rules are so random that a lot of people have just given up and are carrying on. I was speaking to a girl who's in year 11 yesterday and she's really unhappy - several teachers off with it or isolating so lessons are not much use plus a boy who was sat next to her was tested positive yet she was told there was no need to self isolate and she was expected to attend school - her mum disagreed and despite a snotty phonecall from the school she stayed home. With that sort of situation we're never going to get on top of infection rates.

I may be a bit controversial here, but if peoples' mental health is that strongly linked to their ability to go shopping then maybe they need help anyway? Likewise if they think having cake and coffee with a friend in a cafe is more important than their or someone else's life - meet the friend for a walk outdoors if you must, but not in a cafe!

My friend who lives in London says nobody much seems to be taking notice of it at all. She reckons the street she lives on is busy as ever, cars coming and going at all hours, not like last time where she said it was dead. It's very sad isn't it that people aren't abiding by the rules.
You need to be specific about what part of London she is talking about. London is a large and densely populated area and here it is being observed. More traffic this time may be due to the school run and fast food outlets open. Last time the schools were shut. Our Covid rates are high and in this middle class suburb where there are no shops, there is no traffic and what seems to be full lock down. No one out walking today from the council or army flats. We have complete silence except for the rain.

The governor did not change anytging else on THURSDAYS BRIEFING just gave an ultimatum to stop the parties and gatherings or a lockdown will be coming.
The briefing next week will have specific rules for Thanksgiving.
Some things just don't pass the smell test with numbers and cases and testing.
The numbers she gave for Wednesday At Thursdays briefing were 900 something new cases and Almost 20 THOUSAND tests done
..really... testing site's were almost all closed for the Veterans day holiday..
So how can 20k tests have been done.
The following day when all testing sites open 701 cases with 13 thousand tests done.
Numbers don't add up.
NO ONE is taking things seriously and cases are skyrocketing.

I thought of you Ale the other day.
The insanity hit here at home....

I'm surprised I wasn't heard all.the way in the UK

No one is supposed to be carpooling...or gathering with people they don't LIVE WITH.
HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS ONLY

The other day mr bloody nice guy husband.
Took one of the other guys in OUR PICKUP
To get parts for his big truck.
I said did you have MASKS ON
NOOOOOOO why would we
WTF. have you got you head in the sand
Thats EXACTLY Where spread is coming from.
FRIENDS .. COWORKERS... NON HOUSEHOLD RELATIVES you know and feel comfortable with letting guard down
No masks no distance.

I really had a total meltdown if you wanted to be mr nice guy go pick up the part but no one should have been in the truck UNMASKED. PERIOD..
And if you think I'm a BITCH NOW.
if anything comes up with him
There will be a whole new meaning to the word. BITCH

It's just been too much the last couple weeks with worth.
First he had to go to minute clinic on a Sunday for antibiotics for an infected tooth ..then got emergency dental apt.
Then had to get appointment to a different branch office csuse the dental office in town doesn't do extractions

There protocols were good but its still a BIG WORRY..
and I feel like I live in a perpetual groundhog 14 day loop.
And he keeps banging on with huge numbers of cases well how many have symptoms or asymptomatic
Hes not a stupid person but is getting brainwashed someplace asymptomatic don't spread it.

WTF..
TYPHOID MARY was asymptomatic with that disease.

Sorry to rant but its not a happy household right now.

• Wow
Reactions: MrA and Trewsers
You need to be specific about what part of London she is talking about. London is a large and densely populated area and here it is being observed. More traffic this time may be due to the school run and fast food outlets open. Last time the schools were shut. Our Covid rates are high and in this middle class suburb where there are no shops, there is no traffic and what seems to be full lock down. No one out walking today from the council or army flats. We have complete silence except for the rain.
West Ealing.

• Haha
Reactions: MrA
Social media is absolutely filled with people breaking very basic rules. You are only allowed to meet one person from another household and you have to be on your own. So why am I still getting so many pictures coming up of people meeting groups for all sorts of reasons. Bad enough that they want to be irresponsible and do that. But why oh why do you need to then share it on social media ??

I may be a bit controversial here, but if peoples' mental health is that strongly linked to their ability to go shopping then maybe they need help anyway? Likewise if they think having cake and coffee with a friend in a cafe is more important than their or someone else's life - meet the friend for a walk outdoors if you must, but not in a cafe!
All I could think today was how selfish these people were being. Staff have to be at work, I know it's good we are making money so I shouldn't complain. But the more people mix the more chance of transmission. Imagine if one of my colleagues dies, how can any money in the world be worth that. Not how the world works I know because money really is the number one priority these days.

Considering its been wet here on and off all day. The carparks were pretty busy for walkers. I see lots of similar aged women walking together, i cant believe there from the same household, so loys of people meeting up for walks.

Nothing much has changed here. I *think* we are allowed from yesterday to visit other households but can't be sure. Doesn't apply to me as I don't visit anyone or go anywhere. But the roads are busy. They haven't gone dead at all. At the start of the last lockdown they seemed quiet. But not this time. Quite frankly I think people are just bored with the whole virus thing and doing like they did during the last recession - talking themselves out of it!

• Sad
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I wonder if anything changes in tomorrow's briefing.
A couple cities have lowered gatherings to 5 the state is still 10.
They are also stopping indoor and outdoor dining..just take out.
Nothing changed statewidw last week.
The news had on a restraunt worker in a hot spot city shutting down to just take out.
Behind this person was a huge OPEN BUFFET...... REALLY....
THATS BEYOND INSANE.

4 states are in the pilot program for the
Pfizer vaccine we are one of them ..
They have not elaborated to what that means.

Getting hay yesterday I had a talk show on.
The host was telling how she got upset and told the guy behind her crawling up her. A..
TO BACK OFF.

A woman calls up ..
Starts reading HER ..the RIOT ACT.
did he have a mask.. was he coughing.
Why did you let it brother you ???

IM 76 I'M IN STORES ALL THE TIME I DON'T WORRY ABOUT MASKED OR NOT PEOPLE...OR DISTANCES .

I could not believe what I was hearing..
STUPID OLD BIT....
You need a BRAIN CHECK cause clearly you DON'T HAVE ONE.

With people like that no wonder things are so bad..

I have no problem saying BACK OFF.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
I wonder if anything changes in tomorrow's briefing.
A couple cities have lowered gatherings to 5 the state is still 10.
They are also stopping indoor and outdoor dining..just take out.
Nothing changed statewidw last week.
The news had on a restraunt worker in a hot spot city shutting down to just take out.
Behind this person was a huge OPEN BUFFET...... REALLY....
THATS BEYOND INSANE.

4 states are in the pilot program for the
Pfizer vaccine we are one of them ..
They have not elaborated to what that means.

Getting hay yesterday I had a talk show on.
The host was telling how she got upset and told the guy behind her crawling up her. A..
TO BACK OFF.

A woman calls up ..
Starts reading HER ..the RIOT ACT.
did he have a mask.. was he coughing.
Why did you let it brother you ???

IM 76 I'M IN STORES ALL THE TIME I DON'T WORRY ABOUT MASKED OR NOT PEOPLE...OR DISTANCES .

I could not believe what I was hearing..
STUPID OLD BIT....
You need a BRAIN CHECK cause clearly you DON'T HAVE ONE.

With people like that no wonder things are so bad..

I have no problem saying BACK OFF.
It beggars belief doesn't it!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
So because she either doesn't care about her health that means it's ok for her to put others at risk too? And everyone else has to act the same way? These are the people who should be hit with hefty fines, maybe they'll care more when their bank balance suffers!

I wish I had an answer for you Ale, I am about as low as I've been in years today, I'm sick of it all, I'm sick of people not taking this shit seriously and I just want to stop the world and get off if I'm honest. Im sorry that you have to work and put yourself at risk through it all.

Totally agree, my Dad told me today that my nephews family all have tested positive this week, his wife visits her Mum and Dad who cant possibly live without a trip to the cafe to chat with their friends, or to the shops to browse for pointless shite.

It's just madness isn't it. Some of my relatives who live south, well, I worry because they deem certain things risky and others not. And end of the day each time I speak to them I keep on reminding them how dangerous this virus is and I get the feeling they aren't taking me seriously at all! They will go their own way. But it's wrong and very frustrating.

I wish I had an answer for you Ale, I am about as low as I've been in years today, I'm sick of it all, I'm sick of people not taking this shit seriously and I just want to stop the world and get off if I'm honest. Im sorry that you have to work and put yourself at risk through it all.
I'm sorry you're feeling this way, I hope things improve for you soon but I honestly don't know how people who are vunerable are coping with this. Please just know there are a few out there who really do care and are trying their absolute best to keep EVERYONE safe. Little comfort I know and I couldn't agree more, disgusted quite frankly with the majority of the species at current. That's not to say I'm up here on my high horse thinking I'm perfect I just wish I could see people making the effort.

newrider.com