Coronavirus

This may sound stupid, or obvious.
But to solve the issues surrounding this bank holiday weekend, which nobody actually benefits from. Scrap it!!!!!!!!

I don't know about you guys, but I hadn't even noticed, it doesn't make one iota of difference what the day is, bar shopping day.
People are either working from home and benefiting with family time perhaps, those at work are working less hours than usual.

People camping should be disgusted with themselves, and you will be moved on. You do not need to drive 4 HOURS to you nearest beach.
You may well have walked past houses that have been shielding for three months, it must be lovely looking out onto a tent, you selfish pig!

Bank holiday may benefit the economy slightly? Especially now garden centres are open. Lots of people buy more food/ drink for a bank holiday. And we will almost certainly be far busier. Work have already changed our opening hours back to normal for it so I imagine they are hoping to make some more money.

I think the shielding is something they are going to need to address. People living with those who are shielding maybe do need to get back to work if the risk is low. Perhaps making some sort of accommodation available would be beneficial. My mum is shielding but my brother who lives with them is being asked to return to work. He's attempting to find somewhere to stay but it's very hard. I'm not really sure what can be done though.

I think it can get really depressing looking at the actions of others so I've stopped doing it now and I'm just worrying about my own actions and trying to do what I can to protect others.

What are your thoughts on shop worked wearing gloves or masks. We have them available but I don't really see that they help unless changed frequently which just isn't possible. I'm worried about using up an essential resource and just wasting it as we are not using it correctly anyway

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
I think the shielding is something they are going to need to address. People living with those who are shielding maybe do need to get back to work if the risk is low. Perhaps making some sort of accommodation available would be beneficial. My mum is shielding but my brother who lives with them is being asked to return to work. He's attempting to find somewhere to stay but it's very hard. I'm not really sure what can be done though.

That makes me very afraid, I’m shielding and the thought of us all being sent off to some special accommodation for ‘shielding’ folk would finish me off, never mind Covid 19
Mr KR has already said he won’t go back to work no matter what if it would put me at risk, but I appreciate not everyone will have that option. He does have the capability to work from home too so that would be his preferred option.

Reactions: Trewsers
That makes me very afraid, I’m shielding and the thought of us all being sent off to some special accommodation for ‘shielding’ folk would finish me off, never mind Covid 19
Mr KR has already said he won’t go back to work no matter what if it would put me at risk, but I appreciate not everyone will have that option. He does have the capability to work from home too so that would be his preferred option.
Oh no sorry I meant make some sort of accommodation that those staying with people shielding could use but I don't know how it would work.

@Kite_Rider I read @Ale 's comment as accomodation for the worker, which would make more sense to me. Surely care homes must hve shown that grouping together very vulnerable people is a very bad idea, plus the shielded person may have a house set up to their needs and that couldn't easily be met elsewhere.

People are already protecting their family here, you see caravans on the driveway and hotels have been given over to frontline workers.

Trying my best to ignore the behaviour of others, but who would want to see a holiday cottage in use opposite your home.

Its gone crazy up here this week. I went for a run to the end of the road and back at 9.45 tonight and the carpark had 9 cars parked in it. Thats the second time this week theres been that many cars parked there in the evening. Ok they are entitled but at that time they usually are the youngsters up to no good. Its really unnerving me. Im trying to run late to avoid people. But when i saw all the cars it actually scared me. The other night there were people stood around there and sitting on the walls smoking.

Weve had 3 nights of several bunches of older teenagers and people id say between 20s and 30s sitting on the hill and near the farm for several hours in the evenings playing load music and making fires. Leaving there litter and smoking there cannabis. They certainly arent social distancing.

Yet again police drove up the road today but it was midday. Where are they in the evenings. But then they say they havent the power to do anything.

Bank holiday may benefit the economy slightly? Especially now garden centres are open. Lots of people buy more food/ drink for a bank holiday. And we will almost certainly be far busier. Work have already changed our opening hours back to normal for it so I imagine they are hoping to make some more money.

I think it can get really depressing looking at the actions of others so I've stopped doing it now and I'm just worrying about my own actions and trying to do what I can to protect others.

What are your thoughts on shop worked wearing gloves or masks. We have them available but I don't really see that they help unless changed frequently which just isn't possible. I'm worried about using up an essential resource and just wasting it as we are not using it correctly anyway

I don’t see what use the gloves are unless changed very often, may as well wash hands instead?

Reactions: MrA

that would make me afraid too. I’d hate to be parted from mr t and I’m sure you wouldn’t want mr kr leabing either. I suppose for off spring living with parents then maybe an option?

Reactions: MrA
My feeling on masks and gloves is that they don't offer the protection people think and so probably don't make them any safer as they put themselves at more risk.

A home made mask that fits properly, you wear correctly and handle and dispose of correctly isn't going to do any harm as long as you still keep to the same safety procedures you would without it. Bought masks of medical quality are, in my opinion, better used by medical professionals who genuinely need them - it feels wrong to use limited stocks where they are less beneficial. Likewise proper gloves - wash your hands or use sanitiser instead, save the gloves for those who need them and also save the enviroment.

Garden centres closed here but i am horrified when i see the folks at beaches and the mess they
https://www.shearings.com/#hotels

More businesses going into administration. That's coaches I won't see again.
they owned the hotel at Port Patrick which has a wonderful location, so sad, there will be a lot of casualties

That’s sad. They are an old firm.
They have wallace arnold and caledonian travel who operate a lot of coach holidays that my mum and dad went on, so sad for people like them. they have a local hotel in Melrose, a few more in Scotland including Pitlochry Hydro and the Derwent Water in Keswick. Very very sad.

• Sad
Its gone crazy up here this week. I went for a run to the end of the road and back at 9.45 tonight and the carpark had 9 cars parked in it. Thats the second time this week theres been that many cars parked there in the evening. Ok they are entitled but at that time they usually are the youngsters up to no good. Its really unnerving me. Im trying to run late to avoid people. But when i saw all the cars it actually scared me. The other night there were people stood around there and sitting on the walls smoking.

Weve had 3 nights of several bunches of older teenagers and people id say between 20s and 30s sitting on the hill and near the farm for several hours in the evenings playing load music and making fires. Leaving there litter and smoking there cannabis. They certainly arent social distancing.

Yet again police drove up the road today but it was midday. Where are they in the evenings. But then they say they havent the power to do anything.

Yes that would unnerve me too!

Garden centres closed here but i am horrified when i see the folks at beaches and the mess they

they owned the hotel at Port Patrick which has a wonderful location, so sad, there will be a lot of casualties
It caused a fire on the beach from the bbq stuff that was left behind.
They are not just enjoying themselves, they think the lockdown is over, its not over.

They have wallace arnold and caledonian travel who operate a lot of coach holidays that my mum and dad went on, so sad for people like them. they have a local hotel in Melrose, a few more in Scotland including Pitlochry Hydro and the Derwent Water in Keswick. Very very sad.
They are nationwide and a large company. They had hotels all over I think. Gone.
And the government likes to spout out about the furlough scheme. Its useless if the company you work for has gone.

Because I am really really bored, but curious on what's coming, I have glanced at the retail Covid safety document for the opening of shops on June 1. Its subject to change, isn't everything, but I do like the traffic colour system to show mandatory things, recommended and optional.
I say looked through because it's 33 pages long and if you want the link to download your own pdf just shout me a message.

To be honest I am just going to stick with the few essential places I have been going to. My area is also considering a one way system for pedestrians on the pavements - because we will have tourists at some stage.
Yes I am all for knocking this virus on the head, yes I am supportive of the guidelines, yes we need to keep the R down etc etc, but I ruddy hope this isn't the new normal they were referring to.
Isolation everytime you go outside the house.

newrider.com