Coronavirus

We should have a thread on this! However, another one, though not creepy. My son eentbthrough a phase of waking around 2am every night when he was 2. He'd be standing in his cot, looking into space, laughing delightedly. Every. Single. Night. Drove me nuts. He'd settle after I'd gone in, after waving at the empty room. I told my mum about it it, and she said, very matter of factedly, "Oh that'll be daddy, he likes to meet the grandchildren." My father died when I was 15, and my mum firmly believed he came to meet each grandchild he'd missed by passing. Never happened with my daughter though - as far as I know. I always hoped it was him, he was a lovely man.
We should absolutely have a creepy story thread, I’ve got loads.

Well my university very quickly backtracked and from Monday everyone has to wear masks in communal areas. I only saw a couple of people wearing them this week, and one teacher, the whole 2 days. At one point I was crammed into a corridor without about 60 people all waiting to get into our respective classrooms. Again I was the only one wearing a mask. 7 people getting tested from my bubble already, one of whom is in my class...

• Wow
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
@Ale I'm glad they backtracked on the masks, but what a worry about people getting tested. Fingers crossed they're negative.

It puzzles me that rules apart to be open to interpretation.
Here one pupil has symptoms, the whole class is sent home to isolate and wait for the results. If negative you carry on.
Your university appears very we can't be arsed.
Nearest uni here been in the news showing one way systems and I think students will be fined if they have parties, maybe even sent home/ kicked off the course.
It's a pandemic, it's not over.

I thought if 1 person in a bubble got sick everyone had to isolate if they’ve been in contact, but mum just said they only have to if there’s a positive result

My daughter is still going to be having online lectures, andtheres doubt as to whether everyone will get a placement.

I thought if 1 person in a bubble got sick everyone had to isolate if they’ve been in contact, but mum just said they only have to if there’s a positive result
I would prefer it to be isolate and await result, though you can test positive after depending on the day you do it.
For example if I was in class with you, you get symptoms and go home, but I don't. If you test positive and you then trace me, I have mixed and potentially just spread it on again? I won't get a test unless i show symptoms, but so many are now not showing any.

My daughter is still going to be having online lectures, andtheres doubt as to whether everyone will get a placement.
Half the classes are online here, half in the university. It reduces the people in the building.
Not everyone is geared up for online learning. I think you need to be more dedicated.
Like working from home.

I think they have done it this way as otherwise most large schools would barely be in. But I do agree it's a bit mad. It's unlikely he has it, but if he does we not only went home to families etc, but came back for a day of teaching, was in the packed corridors, close contact with 2 additional teachers who then could spread to their students. Another problem is now it seems to be really hard to get a test, so there is a delay, which means results could be a few days if not more. By that time in college it could be round the whole bubble!

They've only had the last six months!
Now though we should be at the most people get it mildly phase.
Has the hospital admissions gone up sharply as well, I don't think it has.
This spike though is from two weeks ago when they reopened more indoor areas.

They had 6 months here too.
Lawsuits are flying teachers unions don't want schools to open in person.
They open in this state Monday.
I bet it will be chaos and lots of teachers are going to refuse to go in.

Testing though should not be an issue.
There are 12 specialized sites thru the state that are ONLY for school related testing. They can do 5000 tests a day.

There is a further uproar at nursing homes
The mandate changed from a person needing 2 negative tests to just one now before being able to return to back to the nursing home after being in the hospital.
They are coming back and turn up positive.

Yet they tout ohhhh don't put anything off.
Hospitals are totally safe.
I think lots of people that have been diligent over the years w yearly mamo...gyn etc that have no pressing health issues are just not chancing it this year. ME INCLUDED.

They waffle back and forth anyway its like butter.. margarine ...debate ugh
Every year... then should be every other year...

If someone in the test group falls ill, then all tests of the vaccine are halted in all participating countries until it can be determined whether or not the illness could be caused by the vaccine.
Participants can after all fall ill while participating in a test group, without their illness being caused by the vaccine.

I heard trials were re starting but it wasn't clear if it was all over.
It makes sence that that any number of people can get sick for lots of reasons.
They did say here that the spinal cord inflammation is related to a virus but there are millions out in the environment.

A vaccine is needed but it can't be rushed to the point of being unsafe.

This is odd the school system in this town is starting 100% remote tomorrow hmmm.
Nothing has come out of any issues here.

I guess on a,good note if things turn out to be a disaster with the crazy bussing schemes and trying to keep masks on kids
And keep distances we Won't be one of the first with nasty spikes. Parents in grocery stores can't keep the kids in check from running around and keeping masks on AND ITS REALLY REALLY ANNOYING.

Glad all my "KIDS" are at home and listen to me.... most if the time. One little darling did learn how to open the gate. Now he rattles the snap hook securing it..
MOM. This just isn't fair...
He lied to me a few weeks ago too..
He was standing front feet in the
Double tire talking a storm like he was
STUCK..20200818_104306.jpg0
I panic get my husband to lift him out and he as nice as can be lifts his legs way up and steps out.. the little brat...
I don't envy parents having to deal with all .

newrider.com