Coronavirus

Cases are still on the rise here. More testing or more of an issue? Its on the rise worldwide and I don't know what their testing or rules are.
We have apparently been testing everyone who asks since June?Everything was opened up from July 4, but now it's back in the care homes which it will be because the staff are out and about doing more, the same as everyone else.

But, how many of these cases are linked to prior flying back from abroad again

Schools are just opening to kids today remote or in person but there are already problems.
Last week was teacher development week and next town over akready has a positive teacher causing a quareentine.

I think a lot of our problems are people flocking back to restraunts and bars.
For adults..

Airlines here for the most part are being pretty strict about mask wearing any one refusing they go back to the gate and boot them off... hopefully without a REFUND.

We can't blame the pubs and restaurants here, the government brought in the "eat out to help out" scheme. So you are encouraged to go out and get the meal half price three days a week.
That needed to be localized because where I am the tourists eat food everyday! Our struggle will be from now.
Some places didn't participate some carrying on off their own backs.

Call me a cynic, but things will be back to normal by Christmas. Either legally or otherwise. People simply won't abide by six people distanced over Christmas. We are probably lucky the majority are now!

I know there are big concerns about the economy, but I can't help feeling they opened up too much too soon. And even with figures rising so quickly and increasing social restrictions they're still encouraging people to go workplaces, insisting on schools being fully opened (I can see young children may not pass it on as much, but older teenagers?) and also universities and colleges. Yes the economy can only take so much, but so can society and individuals and if we need to distance and only meet in small groups in our social lives then surely, where practical, that should be encouraged in our work lives too?

I still think that if they'd ensured a strict lockdown which actually meant what it said, right at the start we wouldn't be where we are now. All I can see from my limited reading of the latest headlines is that once things get going - the virus rises back up again. It's like an awful arcade game where you have to keep squashing the demons only for them to rise up again! And although I definitely have no problem wearing a mask where necessary, I still wonder if along with the hand sanitiser and hand washing, it was all just something to keep us busy. And deflect from the fact that the easiest way to prevent getting it was to stay put! But no, we couldn't have the poor old supermarkets empty now could we - that would never do:rolleyes: Because at the height of the lock down surely they were one of the only places folk were allowed to go. I still feel they could have drafted in more delivery vans and operated on that basis or click and collect.

I feel they could have at least said those able to work from home should have continued, at least that would have reduced the numbers in workplaces. It does feel like backwards steps are inevitable now.

I know the plan was only ever to slow it but I know someone who was sent home from work in a pharmacy last Week, he couldn’t get a test so had to have a home one which took 5 days to get him results, in the mean time the shop and other staff carried on as normal. Luckily it came back negative but the other staff could have been non-symptomatic but infectious and infecting all those vulnerable people. Honestly still could be if he didn’t do the test right, and why couldn’t he get a professional test?

Cases are still on the rise here. More testing or more of an issue? Its on the rise worldwide and I don't know what their testing or rules are.
We have apparently been testing everyone who asks since June?Everything was opened up from July 4, but now it's back in the care homes which it will be because the staff are out and about doing more, the same as everyone else.

But, how many of these cases are linked to prior flying back from abroad again

Not all care workers are out and about newforest, my daughter who works in a care home goes out to work and back and that’s about it, they are testing all staff at her place weekly though and they are temp checked at the start of every shift, wearing full PPE, probably more to do with the fact that relatives are allowed to visit who refuse to comply with wearing masks and using the hand sanitizer provided, my daughter got told to mind her own business when she asked a visitor to please wear his mask as instructed.

I know there are big concerns about the economy, but I can't help feeling they opened up too much too soon. And even with figures rising so quickly and increasing social restrictions they're still encouraging people to go workplaces, insisting on schools being fully opened (I can see young children may not pass it on as much, but older teenagers?) and also universities and colleges. Yes the economy can only take so much, but so can society and individuals and if we need to distance and only meet in small groups in our social lives then surely, where practical, that should be encouraged in our work lives too?
This with big fat knobs on.

I know of at least two nursing homes here that are not allowing visitors in still. They literally have to wear masks and stand at a window which is only cracked open a jar. It's apparently very difficult trying to communicate through a barely open window with a person who's hard of hearing or an elderly person who doesn't speak very loud whilst wearing a mask.
I've been told of someone I know who's changed there job recently. Was outside working on livery yard, now taken an indoor job. They have to have regular tests now as part of the job. Ironically it showed up that they had anti bodies. So at some stage they have had it. Yet they didn't know they had. They hadn't been ill at all.

Not all care workers are out and about newforest, my daughter who works in a care home goes out to work and back and that’s about it, they are testing all staff at her place weekly though and they are temp checked at the start of every shift, wearing full PPE, probably more to do with the fact that relatives are allowed to visit who refuse to comply with wearing masks and using the hand sanitizer provided, my daughter got told to mind her own business when she asked a visitor to please wear his mask as instructed.
That's bad of the visitors not to care about those they are visiting. And if they don't wear it when asked, where else are they not.

The thing with returning to school and work etc, our contacts are easier to trace.
We are creatures of habit and our work bubble is probably similar, as oppose to meeting friends and going to the seaside, that bbq last week etc etc.

I'd hope we'd remember family and friends! And we can still go to the beach, hundreds of people can go to the beach as long as each group isn't more than 6. No, in my opinion it's a complete contradiction and where possible they should still be encouraging people to work from home and attend online lasses where possible.

The thing with returning to school and work etc, our contacts are easier to trace.
We are creatures of habit and our work bubble is probably similar, as oppose to meeting friends and going to the seaside, that bbq last week etc etc.
They might be easier to trace but there are so many more of them and you see them every day. So the virus spreads wider more quickly.

All of my lectures so far could have easily been done on line, there is no need for us to be in just to talk and look at PowerPoints

I'd hope we'd remember family and friends! And we can still go to the beach, hundreds of people can go to the beach as long as each group isn't more than 6. No, in my opinion it's a complete contradiction and where possible they should still be encouraging people to work from home and attend online lasses where possible.
He was adamant schools were going back. Children didn't catch it from memory way way back.

• Wow
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
He was adamant schools were going back. Children didn't catch it from memory way way back.
And yet according to the government’s own statistics school children are the biggest spreaders of the flu? The flu is a coronavirus just as Covid is so how they have worked out that children don’t spread it is beyond me. They can and do catch it, they are just far more likely to be asymptotic.

No they did find children were getting it, and some young ones were then developing some nasty problems after. Young children are more likely to be asymptomatic, but then they can't seem to decide whether people who are asymptomatic are still shedding the virus and so a risk to others or not. I can understand that maybe very young children don't have the same force in a cough and so any virus they shed is unlikely to go far, but it isn't just primary schools that are going back and I shouldn't think there's much difference between how far a 16yo can expel the virus with a cough and how far an adult can. As for universities, well to all intents and purposes students are adults. I think schools are more a case of the government not wanting to back down, and while I can see a need for education to get going properly again I don't see why it can't be phased with, say, some years going in one week and others the next so that there are fewer pupils in at any one time and so social distancing would be better.

Just because we don't get a say doesn't mean we can't voice an opinion. I know if I had children I would be pulling them out of the state system at the moment and opting for home schooling, possible with tutors if I needed them - but then I'm lucky that we could afford to do that.

newrider.com