Curly horses - is this for real?

No not at all, they are lovely. I have met one.

There are two types, the American and the Central Asian curlies. Nobody knows how they arose as they have been genetically proven to be unrelated. It must be a mutation that has happened twice.

Some of them are hypoallergenic. I also really fancy Painted Dunn Deal and I am sure I posted a link to a cute curly foal not too long since!

my son really wants a curly horse as he is allergic to horses - for now we just clip a lot, change his clothes a lot and he has meds...pity they're not a bit easier to get hold of (and cheaper!)

Oh really, well how lovely, I want one!

That article just sounded a bit odd, it made me giggle every time it referred to Curlies. Plus there was something about the genetics that didn't make sense to me.

But never mind, I'm just surprised they're not more popular - they sound to have a fantastic temperament and physical build and being hypoallergenic it sounds like a dream come true.

I love Painted Dunn Deal and think if Moet were ever to have a foal he would make a lovely father!

Love the first filly on the for sale page too - she's so cuddly and chunky, like a soft toy!

Omg could you imagine Moët but with curly mane and curly feathers!? Soooo cute!!!! Painted Dunn Deal is def at the top of our potential stallion list in the future ;)

I know someone in Worcester with one, he's gorgeous! Owner is incredibly allergic and couldn't go near horses before but loved them. She got her hypoallergenic Bashkir and hasn't looked back since! He's a babe!

I saw some at the Minnesota Horse Expo a couple of years ago and they were very cute - I think they are the poodles of the horse world!

newrider.com