cut off from getting to horse

We couldn't yesterday but OH got to them today and all are fine, they are turned out 24/7 with round bales, I dread to think if they where stabled. Horses are very resiliant when left to their own devices.

i couldnt yesterday but left extra rations. today someone from next village was able to get to them, so all ok

Do hope you are all managing - I am so lucky with ours being at home, I could literally dig my way out to get to them if need be!! Fingers crossed that it all melts soon!

I haven't.

I left well over a bale out undercover the day before yesterday and then my yard mate called me yesterday to ask me if I wanted her to bung hay out and check them yesterday and today.

I'm very grateful to her as I wouldn't have asked so her offering has really been a godsend.

we are so lucky to have them at home it does make it easier. a lot of the roads round here you just can't get up them at all, even in a 4x4.

I am very lucky now as have managed to rent grazing 2 mins walk from my house,but last year when we had much the same if not worse conditions,was at a yard 11 miles from home on the edge of Dartmoor,and was a nightmare,thank god the YO was on site,otherwise we would have been stuffed.

Myself and Jaydevon risked life and limb (and car!!) trying to get to them,but was just impossible at times.This weather is lovely in some way's,but is most definitely not horse friendly!!

Mine are at home thank goodness but I still keep grumbling about how hard it all is to do in this weather. Can't imagine how you with horses further afield are coping - take my hat (very big furry warm one:rolleyes:) off to you all!!:)

am really glad that we moved the boys back home from the livery yard the Monday before christmas - i would have had a real problem getting to them if we hadnt.

Have spent the day filling water buckets and putting more hay out for them, the farrier even managed to get to us today:)

Am a bit worried about floods once all the snow does start to thaw:(

the girl who i share her horses offered to come and get me today in her 4x4 so i could say hello and help with getting the stables mucked out and chores done. some of the owners cant get to are yard but the ones who are making it are all chipping in and making sure every horse is ok

Yesterday I had to ring YO to pony out, as couldn't get out of driveway! Live in High Wycombe, we seem to have got the worst of it according to the news.

Battled the roads today and managed to get there, but it was a bit of a hairy journey! Nearly got stuck coming back coming up the driveway! But just about managed it.

Lost the feeling in my toes for my trouble, as I waited for her to eat. Pesky pony.

So yes, very annoying, thankfully very understanding yard!!

Fingers crossed that it all melts soon!

I'm just worried about the flooding when that happens -where is all that water going to go?!

I'm another one who lives 12 miles away from the yard which is all DIY so on my own. Hate relying on others but my mini car doesn't do kerbs nevermind a foot of snow. My dad's helped by taking me in his 4x4 two days so far this winter but by god have I paid for the privilege ('I do something for you, you can do something for me!')

newrider.com