did 20 metre circle in canter yeeh

Debby Riley

Dec 1, 2002
Visit site
I managed the 20 circle in canter but rejoining the class i almost crashed into the last horse oops poor girl that was riding went white *** sorry*** but i was chuffed about my circle;)

Got told off and told to trot to front of class and do it again but this time i had to circle again before crashing into rider and horse, so this meant a smaller circle, made it but not in canter OOps

Also the first time i had to lead the whole class and i got all fumbled and forget where the letters were :( Lead the class the wrong way, stuffed up surpentine too, but had a laugh about it with class and instructor:D

After all riding is fun

I have been told that i can go on a hack now so regardless of me fluffing up i get to go on a hack:D :D :D Not sure if i can go this weekend as hubbies birthday this weekend and I promised to go out for lunch and not to be wearing my riding gear personnaly i don't know what the problem is;)

Congratulations! Good for you for finally nailing that 20m circle. I can see how you might have been so focused that you "forgot" about the person in front of you. I've occasionally found myself with tunnel vision when I'm really concentrating. Quite a bad habit in our small indoor, unfortunately.

I can't wait to hear about all of the fun you have on the long-awaited hack!

thank you for all your replies, i am so excited and nervous about my hack but disappointed that hubbie really would like me not to go to the posh resturant on sunday in my riding gear:( like some of your have said there so so comfy and pratical,

could have done with my riding gear today, jet wash jeep in my lunch break and spent all afternoon sqelching across the office dripping wet, that would not have happened if i had my riding boots on would it;)

Funny someone should mention barrel gates and jumping cause i had a dream last night about me hacking and jumping too I have jumped in the real world too but i have had a fear of hacking as once i fell and got my foot caught and got dragged ( ouch ) that was when i was much younger and last sept i fractured my tail bone whilst on a hack, i froze and couldn't relax so all my fault, so as you can imagine i am nervous about hacking again, but being determined and oh just a wee bit stubborn i am going to master the fear:D and the only way to do this is HACK,HACK AND HACK until i am confident again RIGHT ????

I am not going to be able to go this weekend ( not unless we
re- arrange family meal out and change venue to drive through McDonalds;)

I will have to take a day off work and go on ahack one to one with my instructor mid week instead will keep you all posted

lol, well done Debby!!
good luck for when you do go!!
you have come on in leaps and bounds, next the Grand national i think!!!!! :D

my boyfriend doesn't care we often go to restaurants in my horse gear!! i get some strange looks though!!! i do have to take a few things with me like a hair brush!!!

but hay McDonalds drive though sometimes is just less the hassle and cheaper!! you can afford to spend that little more on that extra packet of mints, apples, and carrots that you wanted then!!!to feed the whole barn!!!

Well done Debby, I dream of being so accomplished. TAlking of pile-ups, at my daughter, Emma's, lesson on Saturday she was second in the ride in the school on a horse who rather likes a bottom to follow. The instructor got them all trotting and sent them across the middle of the school and asked them to split alternatately left and right, track round and join up again in order. I have never seen anything so funny for ages, Emma and Tequila followed the lead, she was trying really hard to turn her but it was not to be. The ride went haywire after that so they joined up and tried again, this time Emma was placed further down the ride and with some determined persuasion Tequila did what she was told, but she did have a bottom to follow (cheating)! The join up was equally chaotic, pile up was a mild description on the scene, still they all had smiles on their faces and eventuially after several attempts did it with aplomb. Success comes to those who persevere!

newrider.com