Diet help?

That's amazing nat17 where do you put all that liquid?? Even when I was sweating out water running 3 miles a day I was just constantly to and fro between desk and loo! Nothing seems to be wrong with my muscles but a drop of liquid and it has to find its way somewhere! :redface:

As well as keeping you full, water is also obviously very good for you and will help keep your energy levels up, hopefully reducing the need to snack.

At first back and forth to loo every 20 mis, but now I am a bit better...still visit the loo alot!

At first back and forth to loo every 20 mis, but now I am a bit better...still visit the loo alot!
My mum tried to convince me it would ease off - she religiously drinks min. 2 litres per day - but it didn't after months so I just decided I was naturally very hydrated!

QR havent read all the other posts but your diet seems quite carb heavy(im not an atkins advocate btw, would be impossible on my vegetarian diet!) I used to be fat as a teenager and the only thing that has really worked for me is eating what you like but in moderation and eating lots of protein. Why not replace the toast with porridge or two boiled eggs? lunch- have what you like in moderation, evening meal- eat lots of protein and if you fancy a square of choc/ slice of cake have it. the more you deprive yourself the more you want it and the more you will eat of it. Since eating in moderation I have discovered chocolate/ cake/ sugary foods give me a headache so although I still have them I dont over indulge as I know I will feel ill! I also try and limit my carbs as much as possible,this works for me.

I have lost 2 stone in the past year. My first thought is there is no veg in your diet??? My basic guide is that at lunch and dinner 1/2 your plate should be veg/salad, 1/4 carbs and 1/4 protein. Also, i wouldnt avoid red meat, just use good lean stuff. I make loads of dishes using extra lean steak mince. You could do meatballs with it with a tomato and roasted veg suace and pasta. You can make a lovely Chilli with it with peppers, red onion and celery through served with jacket potato, a bologanise with pasta, a cottage pie with the mince done with onion and carrot then topped with a carrot and turnip mash and popped under the grill. stir fry's are great with chicken, extra lean steak or prawns, a bag of stir fry veg, some boiled noodles and soy sauce and if you like spicy a dash of sweet chilli sauce. Casserole with reduced fat pork sausages, red onion and carrots. A tip is to use fry light instead of any oil, and to make sure and keep portions to a reasonable size. Thats why the veg helps as it bulks everything out for very few calories. Pasta salads are great for lunch. Try pasta, tuna, peas, sweetcorn, halfed baby tomatoes and helmans lighter than light mayo. My other tip is make extra of your main meals and take a smaller portion to work for lunch each day. Homemade soup is great and very versatile!

Breakfasts, i would go for oatso simple with skimmed milk and a banana (very filling and comes in loads of flavours) or scrambled egg on toast, with grilled mushrooms and tomatoes.

Sorry for long post but i eat as above, dont feel like i am on a diet and am healthy and happy. I snack on fruit during the day, have a treat size chocolate or a curly wurly most days and a bottle of wine fri and sat and have lost an average of 1lb per week :smile:

Fat: 1 gram = 9 calories
Protein: 1 gram = 4 calories
Carbohydrates: 1 gram = 4 calories
Alcohol: 1 gram = 7 calories

So aim for less fat to give you more calories to play with to eat more food that will keep you feeling fuller longer. Imagine how much food to can pack away if it consists of lean protein, veg and complex carbs rather than a smaller portion of higher fat food! I don't have butter or margerine but instead look at having other sandwich friendly options such as salad cream or low fat cream cheese instead. Much tastier imo and saves a lot of fat/calories.

I aim to have a small amount of lean protein with every meal as this leaves me feeling satisfied for longer.

Carbs aren't evil at all but I try to aim for more complex ones that give more sustained energy. That means wholemeal. Wholemean isn't lower in calories but it evens out the rate at which the energy is available to the body. Carbs are a tricky one for me as they tend to be one of my triggers that lead me to over indulge and fall off the wagon in a big way!

I've swapped to half spoon sugar for the things I can't use sweetener for. The sweetener took some getting used to at first but I don't think anything of it now.

Also, when I took notice of what fruit and veg I was having, I was really shocked at how little it was. Trying to fit in the requisite number of portions of fruit/veg, protein, dairy doesn't leave much space for much else unless you are a devoted binge eater which is my problem. When I binge so I'm stuffed it'll be the fruit and veg intake that suffers as a result :cry:

newrider.com