Difficult question to ask, but for Willie's welfare!

BeachRiding

Aug 26, 2004
USA
Well, I haven't been riding Willie lately, as I have been at my other house with my dad for the holidays, and somehow I gained 20IBS:eek: :eek: Now, I rode Willie last week and he seemed to be huffing,having a hard time with my weight, although it could be that he is now out of shape himself, which doesn't help!

Now I am a very light rider and ride well, but should I just do short riding sessions on him and just do things from the ground until I lose this excess weight? I don't want to hurt him! How much weight can he really carry? He is 15'2hh, weighs 1,300 pounds I assume (too much), he is a stockier TB, and 22 years old. I worry most about his age with the weight. I weigh 200IBs currently, is that too much to ask him to carry? please be honest! does the 20Ibs make that much difference?:eek: :confused:

thats about 14 stone yes?
id be inclined to just take it slowly and work on his fitness whilst shedding those pounds.

Thanks! I know you really don't like these types of threads, but thanks for replying anyway! So ride at all or not?

id ride him but not do anything strenuous and not ride for long periods of time. Obviously the fitter he is the more weight he will be able to take so ground work would be good as well

newrider.com