Dilaterol - anybody used?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Anyone been given Dilaterol by their vet for their horse? Just curious really, I've been given it for Chloe, apparently they don't use Ventapulmin any longer? Anyways, I can't decide if it's working or not! Going to have a chat with vet later this week as I'll have finished the bottle by then - just don't want to waste money if it isn't doing the trick - wondering if people generally use more than one bottle? It's not cheap at £40 - so thought I would ask on here. Thanks

Lemme

May 22, 2008
East Yorkshire
No we had the Ventapulmin for Charlie during the summer - hope it works for you - the Ventapulmin did for us. as you say nothings cheap is it when its prescription.

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
No, a fellow livery was given ventapulmin this summer for her horse, but apparantly if they use it a lot, they become immune to it and it stops working. So will be interesting to see if this works for you - I don't think the ventapulmin was cheap either?

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
Mystique had ventapulmin for 2 months and it worked great but she came off it when she came back up north with me as her probs were brought on in the area and all settled once home by the sea.
Havnt heard of the new one been used so cant offer any advice but hope it works,keep us updated x

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Thanks both - I really do hope it helps her - though I have a feeling she won't be 100 per cent better until spring when she's back out for much longer. Atm because of her mud fever and because they beg to come in, they are only out from 8.30 am until 4pm, they simply won't stay out longer.

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
Shadow had a two week course of ventipulmin which worked out at £63 a tub, so tbh, if they are meant to have the same results with a cheaper drug i'd try it and see. If it doesn't work, then there are other alternatives (discussed with vet at time of treatment at least 5 other ways to treat the problem)..

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Wonder why our vets aren't using Ventapulmin nowadays? Hmm. I had it for Joe and I think it worked okay...