DIY - extra services/assistance

Three Mares

Oct 23, 2007
Just wondering how much you DIY'ers pay for extra services on top of your weekly amount for like feed, rug, turn in/out, muck out, feet pick or any other extras I have not mentioned.

I'm just being nosey really :D

I'm £135 per month for DIY livery and that includes Y/O giving them 3 feeds a day, changing rug and turning out in the morning and more often than not bringing in pm. She also changes rugs after she brings in at the weekend.

She doesn't charge any extra for this but most people at the yard will help her out with feeding, bringing in/turning out, rug changes etc.

Some yards round my area charge £1 per rug change, £1 per turn out/bring in and £1 to feed - it must really mount up if you're having to get someone do this 5 days a week!:eek:

at my friends yard the owner will serve breakfast (if its made up) rug up and turn out for about £1.50 i think and then will bring them in at night feed change rugs for another £1.50

i pay £2 to catch in or turn out and change rugs, £4 for muck out and water £1 for feeds and hay

As of tomorrow it will be costing me £45 per week for assisted livery. They'll do once per day, inc feeding turning out/bringing in (although yard policy is no horse is left out alone) and rug changing. It also includes ad lib straw and haylege.

newrider.com