Do you ride muddy?

I ride muddy - due to my inadequate grooming. I always think she is clean and then on her back I notice she isnt completely.

Reactions: Huggy
I brought mine in to ride, the only mud to remove was some flecks under her belly. She's wintering out naked so it would be like people cleaning their turnout rugs everytime the horse came in, you don't, it would wreck it's ability to stay waterproof. But that's all there was! :p

I think my laziness comes from having a grey for 26 years! It's such a luxury to have a black horse that doesn't look that dirty, even when he is!

That is some bed @OwnedbyChanter My RI also does fabulously tidy beds. We have been known to sneak in and leave a footprint in the middle ...
Lol there is a lady and mum at my yard that threaten to ‘just mess up a little’ I don’t mind the ponies and dogs are my life I have a hugely supportive OH that is as anal as I am so he understand and when he helps at the yard it’s to the same standard as I do things. Our house is the same

Some say it’s the military in us but it’s not that. We both come from poor back grounds and when we buy nice things we take care of them. Sometimes I still can’t believe how lucky I am to have what I have

So that's the answer.
Anyone who goes out muddy is muddy because they've been out a while.
I’m good to go with that actually, my beds are also not worthy of a spirit level (wish they were!) and for that i blame the damn chickens.

Nope, never ever been bothered by a straight line for bed either. My pony will sleep with her head in a pile of poo, so she clearly doesn't care about the state of her stable. It's clean and serves a purpose, but their outdoor animals at the end of the day so she lives her best life - outside. Stabled only for emergencies or is the weather is truly awful.

The straight tidy beds for facebook are all cr@p.

She gets filthy muddy, has a full winter hair coat but she's a happy soul and that's how I prefer her. For general riding when mini ruskii rides, she has the tacked up ears flicked off and then we are away. If she's off to a party then yes she is tidied up and made to look smart - I do have some standards!

• Haha
I Only clean where tack gos I was the exact opposite to you when I was younger I would only groom once a once a week . But nowadays I would like my mare to be clean but it’s just to time consuming .

Gracie is clipped out and in a full neck rug so she gets a light once-over with a body brush to remove dust and grease. Her field is quite muddy from her still mainly living out (until a week on Tuesday when she moves onto part-livery and starts coming in every night) so I don't do much with her legs, except are her "armpits" which might rub. Although I do take advantage of all the deep puddles that are around to wash her hooves and legs off if I can.

We certainly come back muddy though!! :oops:

20191108_164232-800x600.jpg

20191109_074507-600x800.jpg

Signs of a great blast during our hack!!

I usually manage to brush the mud off the horse and onto myself, so he might not be ridden muddy but I certainly ride muddy!

If I’m in a hurry I just clean where the tack goes. However, I enjoy grooming and have always had/shared horses who enjoy it too, so I try to make time.

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
I seem to be getting into the habit of getting them in, racing round like a fool to get ridden before it’s too dark (so riding filthy!)
Then realising I have time to brush after, meaning they are reasonably clean to turn the lights off and turn out again the following morning and like hippos the rest of the time..... I feel I need to replan ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
newrider.com