do you think anyone would be interested?

Nov 4, 2008
im thinking of part loaning/sharing my (just turned) 5 yr old cob. im going into my third year of law at uni (which is 1 1/2 hours travel there, same back) im in 4 days a week 10-4/5 + part time job + winter coming up so i wont have time to ride him and bring him on as much as id like.

he has only just gone 5 and hasnt done a lot, just hacking mainly and starting school work which he is ok with but needs a confident rider out hacking.

question: do you think anyone would be interested in part loaning a horse at this level of schooling? a lot of wanted ad's ive seen are for safe all rounders?

Yes I don't see why not, in fact I think he would be exactly what 'some' people are looking for, but maybe not for everyone.

You won't know until you advertise and you may have to wait a while for that 'right' person to come along, however there is always the chance the right one will be first on the phone:wink:

thanks, tbh he can do more he has been to a little sj and xc course with prev owner i am just too much of a chicken to do anything more!

I have a sharer for my 3 year old cob that has just been backed and she is helping me bring him on (only hacking in walk and trot). She has been with me for about a year now even before my cob was backed as she wanted a challenge of doing groundwork etc before getting on board.

Definately, as long as the price reflects his capabilities. I have had several loaners for my TB since I bought him back from an awful RS three years ago (all given him up for genuine reasons, no fault of his!) and his first loan was to two friends wanting something to share. He stayed at my yard with my others (I insist on this). He was recovering from the injuries/illness sustained at the RS and I brought him back into work then advertised him for loan as a semi-retired 'schoolmaster' of sorts. I've never struggled to find loaners for him, he is now back to full fitness and has a "normal" loan but he is not the easiest thing in the world as, being a TB, he is quirky and you love him or hate him.

I would think people would definately be interested in your lad. Good luck :)

newrider.com