does any one know where i can get a head collar from

lisa+pilgrim

Feb 6, 2009
south Wales, UK
hi im breaking my seven year old cob geldin, unlike my last two, he still isnt standing well when im backing him, how ever im taking my time with him and decided to change things a little with him, so i have asked my mother to hold him, something i dont normally like doing as i like them to stand for me, but iv been working with him for two years now (in and around having my nine month old baby girl, so he had fourteen months off). how ever im breaking him with a hackamore, and cannot find a head collar that will fit under it with out catching on the bridal. does any one know where i can get a very thin head collar, which is still going to be safe and strong.

You could try a rope halter, however these are quite thin so will exert more pressure on his face than a slightly thicker headcoller. I have seen some thin headcollars at the local tack shop, so they are around, have you looked around your local tack shops?

Use a driving under halter, you can get them made to measure from Ether.D on here. She makes them in funky colours

Take a look at the Aerborn Cushion Web headcollar. Its very soft, comfortable and strong and it comes up quite big in size. I have a full size which is more like an extra full.

newrider.com