Does anybody own a dobermann? (Plus Pics)

horsy

Sep 17, 2000
Manchester
www.jbphotographyonline.co.uk
Forgot NR had an other animals bit. Does anybody have a dobie? If so are they obsessive lickers?

My dog drives me up the wall I just wondered if anybody else has experience of it? I have read that they can be obsessive about things as a breed, including licking till they go raw :( She isn't that bad but she seems to go into a trance! She shuts her eyes and you have to call her name several times before she will snap out of it. The thing that annoys me most is the massive wet patches it leaves behind, especially on my bed :mad: She also does this horrible teeth chattering thing afterwards sometimes that goes right through me, she snaps her teeth together really quick whilst drooling everywhere!

Other than that and a few other crazy things :D shes a top dog and I love her to bits! If a bit high maintenance :rolleyes: She would live in my pocket at all times if she could, but I know thats definitely a dobie trait!

And here she is, my Loki!
LokiBlack2.jpg

DSC04581-1.jpg

I have 3 dobes.. they are great.. dont have any probs like you say tho.. lol.. sounds a tad funny tho. lol.. they are all different and all have their strange wee things that they do.. one of ours smiles at us when we come in.. yes.. its defo a smile lol.. our youngest one puffs out her cheeks when shes watching something and the old one hes just disgusting.. he bites his toe nails lol.. They are good breed, very protective and fun to be around.. We show ours.

sorry.. that was only one pic.. thats tina and heres zeus.. tinas 16 month and zeus is 3 and half..
i am just learning at how to add pics with this photobucket and i aint too good at it yet..

show8thaugust2009012.jpg

oooh kazscott they are gorgeous! The first one reminds me of the puppy I had who we sadly lost, she was of a more slender build with the longer sloping nose like tina seems to have.

Loki has a thing when we come in too, she searches frantically and picks up anything she can find and runs around with it. A toy if she can find one, or usually a bit of paper that shes nicked from somewhere (she seems to favour receipts lol that are no use after they have been in her gob!)

They are lovely, we used to have a Dobie when I was small, don't remember much about her though so not very helpful! she was very pretty though, a chocolate one. my aunt also had 2 dobies and they seemed fairly laid back. they are lovely dogs though, very friendly, not vicious at all like some people think.

thanks guys.. my dogs mean a lot to me. they are my babes.. lol. we also have an old rescue dog. i will try and upload a pic of him.. we got him when he was 5 and hes 10 now. tina likes to rip up paper.. she likes letters the best.. shes a wee monster! lol.. when we come in zeus grabs the nearest toy to him and runs round like its a prize hes just so proud to show it off to us.. they are very friendly dogs and like Irish says not like most folks think.. they aint vicious and nasty.. my guys lie on the sofa and watch tv with us.. they come on holiday with us and they are just bif soft lumps. the pic below is hopefully off the old fool Kairo.. hes ten.. but hes a mad as a brush.. oh and yes..he does look crazy.. lol...
6thAugust2009003.jpg

oh horsy just had a look at your photo link your pics are fab.. i really really like the ones of your dobe and the black horse on the portfolio.. check out my website for more pics of my crazy dobe running about all mad.. i dont think i am allowed to put the link on am i? so just goggle for zaffarella dobermanns and it will come up.. you will see all my dogs and horses on that.. x

Kazscott maybe thats a dobie thing then, the picking up things when you come in and running round. Its like shes saying look look what I've got! And runs just out of reach so you can't get it. And she loves to rip up anything she can get hold of, paper is a good one, teddy's are lethal lol and I can't find the picture I have of when she got hold of a feather pillow when she was a pup :O There were feathers floating around for weeks! Thats a fab picture of Kairo, what a great name! I will google you!

Irish DQ, I agree. Unfortunately I have seen the viscious side of her :( (with a few other dogs) and as loyal and lovely as they are I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of one!

Ginny, thanks for the compliments! She knows shes pretty, she poses for the camera all the time!
Heres another sneaky one ;)
_DSC6784copy.jpg

Irish DQ, I agree. Unfortunately I have seen the viscious side of her (with a few other dogs) and as loyal and lovely as they are I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of one!
I don't think I'd like to be on the wrong side of anything with large teeth lol, I suppose it's all down to the socializing they get when pups in any breed. Love the last pic, she looks so pretty, she has a really sweet expression.

The thing is with the dobes is they do tend to be very protective.. Our guys are all good together however they arent always good with other dogs unless introduced properly.. they are better off the lead.. We are always carefull when introducing new dogs and they have went to dog training and ring craft classes since pups and we show then so they are well used to other dogs. they are a dominant breed and need to know that they arent boss.. mind you i think mine think they might be boss they do everything apart from turn the tv over in the house lol.. they do play rough with each other.. heres a pic of them playing.. oh and yes.. they really are friends. lol..
horsy.. loki really does have a lovely look.. i love your pics you have of her.. there great.. i just wish i had pics of mine like that. i have loads of goofy ones instead... lol..
karenspics034.jpg

DSC000851.jpg

We have a rescue Dobe, adopted at 2 years old. He is useless with horses and livestock, but lives with our female Border Terrier. He has eaten the sofas but doesnt lick a lot.

He is completely non aggressive, in fact he was handed in because he was supposed to be a guard dog but was totally useless AND hated the rain so couldnt cope with living in a yard, not sure any Dobe could. The vet can do anything to him, not a twitch. Hes def more Scooby Doo than devil dog...

I love him soooooo much.

heres they are....(yes that is how much snow we get in winter!)
montyandtaggieinthesnow011.jpg

And Monty in his throne....check the lion paws
Feb08-MontyTaggyAngelaLieselMorgane.jpg

love the pic of Monty in his throne..lol. and playing in the snow.. OMG.. where are you to get snow like that.

yes.. my guys are wimps too and hate the rain.. they usually wear their coats if its raining and we are going down the beach or up the woods.. lol.. the aint tough ...

newrider.com