Does Anybody Think Its Wierd......

I had some professional photos done of daughter's competition horse. They were then used along with personal visits to do a beautiful oil painting of said horse for her 18th birthday pressie.

Hia,

Ive got two pro photo's of me and my mare.One is of us standing inbetween tree on a hill (tis lovely) and tother is of us tolting along a track.I think its nice to have pro pic's.Something to look back on in years to come and remember :)

To me it would be just the same as having some of me and my family, my horses are a big part of my family and loved just as much

I think it's so normal it's weird the question even needs to be asked :D
I have alot of proffesional photos of me and nim from shows etc and plan to save up and have someone come out and get some photos of me and my 2 boys :)

im a photographer and i know plenty of other togs who get asked to do horse portraits..its common and fine :)

i took my dogs to Olan Mills and had their photos done i have 4 huge canvas pics n my lounge, my brother is a semi professional photographer and i have a damn good printer and some canvas im hoping to try and do my own of my horses

I dont find it wierd, mainly people have them to record a special moment, to have a professional shot of this is just to much of a temptation for most! Moi incuded.

Not wierd... just a record of your proudest moments. If you think of it usually its taken months even years of work to get to 'that show'

Nope :D My boyfriend is regularly asked to take pet pictures, including horses, and personally I love being able to put good quality pictures up on the walls. My own photography is not awful, but my boyfriend has such an excellent eye for a good composition that I'm always asking if he fancies taking the camera to the field!

I looove pics and takes thousands in the hope of capturing the one special pic ;). I often buy professional ones from shows, etc, as well.

Have to say when an animal passes on, it can provide wonderful memories to browse through old albums - tears and laughter :)

I don't think it's weird at all. I'd love some professional pics of my boys and me. Don't see why not really, I have hundreds of professional photos from parties etc. of me with people I don't really like, so why not get a few of my horses who I love?! :p

Not wierd at all. I think its a lovely idea. I'd check the photographer is horsey, though.
I once asked a friend who has a very good camera to take pics of my mare and she kept complaining that Jessy wouldn't keep her ears still. :rolleyes:

For my friends b-day we got a professional pic of her boy done (without her knowing) and framed it for her, she loved it!

I have a canvas of my girls up in my bedroom, i love them, and like as many pics as possible!

newrider.com