Dressage dress code

plumberboy

Jun 15, 2012
About to have a go at my first walk and trot test but unsure what to wear, don,t want to spend shed loads of money as a mature rider I might not get enough use out of it!!!!! Thanks.

I wore light jods, carefully cleaned Muck boots, a white shirt and tie and a black jacket (borrowed) for my first dressage test.

By the second one I had a nice woollen hacking jacket which I much prefer, and joddy boots with smart chaps. The boots-and-chaps combo looks really good and fits me better than most long boots, and it didn't cost too much.

Good luck in your test!

Just turn out as smart as you can. Pale jodhs if you have them, for a walk trot test a shirt , tie and sweatshirt ought to be okay. Is it just a local riding club?

and WHITE gloves! appaently, this is irrespective of the rest of the outfit! as i found out recently - much to my HORROR! white gloves + green tweed + cream jods = MIME ARTIST :giggle:

and WHITE gloves! appaently, this is irrespective of the rest of the outfit! as i found out recently - much to my HORROR! white gloves + green tweed + cream jods = MIME ARTIST :giggle:

Can be light coloured :)- i opt for cream as if i own anything white its just never white lol

newrider.com