Duvaxyn (flu/tet) reaction???

nix

who?
Jan 3, 2002
hampshire
Hi,

Has anyone's horse (or one they know of) had a reaction to their flu/tet booster, particularly Duvaxyn?

My TB, Harve, dropped lots of weight and blood test results showed abnormalities (see "Frustrated and generally not a happy bunny" thread) etc.

Having spoken to Remmy, whose horse had quite similar symptoms last year, she said that in their case it could be a reaction to the vaccine and the symptoms presented soon after her horse's booster. Harve had also had his booster a few days before. Remmy said that she had heard of a few other horses she knew reacting in this way, so anyone else ...?

So, Ponyvet or anyone else who may know ... have there been reactions to Duvaxyn documented, presenting in this or any other way?

Thanks.
Nicki

Hi There

I once ha d a pony that had a very bad reaction to his flu/tetanus jag! he almost died! he got a very high fever and his neck was swollen. My instructor stayed up with him all night (i was only 9)! it took a long time before he came back to normal and was still showing signs of discomfort weeks later! however it is very unusual I have been told for a reaction to occur especially one as serious! my gelding that I have now, Rio, has a very slight reaction every time he receives an injection! he gets a swollen lump on his neck that normally goes away within a few days!

newrider.com