eeep, so excited, go to south africa on thursday for a week

MinnieMoo<3

Aug 28, 2010
Cambridgshire
i am very excited! have been for the last week or so!

its a school trip for 6th form and year 11, only 4 of us from 6th form are going, me and 3 friends, and then quite a few year 11's. first time ive been out of europe for about 6 years!

i was going to lsit all the things we are going to be doing but cant find the booklet! typical

but 3 days in kruger national park and then a few days in other places.

these are the websites of the places we are staying

arriving early friday morning after 11 hour flight!

http://www.jock.co.za/index.htm - for 2 nights
http://www.krugerpark.co.za/Kruger_...&_Camping_Guide-travel/pretoriuskop-camp.html - for another 2 nights
http://www.hoffanhein.co.za/ for another night before a late flight home

im really really excited, and of course pictures will follow when i get home

whilst im away mum has the task of sorting the neddy's out!
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Going to Kruger? Remember to TAKE YOUR ANTIMALARIALS!

I know it's a pain and they taste vile, but malaria is worse.

Apart from that, you will have a ball. My OH is from South Africa and I've been there several times, going back next month, it is totally wonderful to visit (though I wouldn't want to live there :unsure:)

Going to Kruger? Remember to TAKE YOUR ANTIMALARIALS!

I know it's a pain and they taste vile, but malaria is worse.

Apart from that, you will have a ball. My OH is from South Africa and I've been there several times, going back next month, it is totally wonderful to visit (though I wouldn't want to live there :unsure:)

yeah ive got my malaria tablets ready, got scared today when i saw the box on the floor and dog slobber over it!!! fortunately hed just chewed a tiny bit of cardboard and tablets were untouched, or that could of been nasty.

Have a fab time - if your lucky you'll be using Malarone antimalarials - they don't taste as they have some kind of coating (just back from Kenya - always have stacks of them handy!....hmmm, makes me sound like a drug dealer!).

Pics, pics, lots of pics!

Have an awesome time, it really is a wonderful place and we definitely need lots of photos x

Have a fab time - if your lucky you'll be using Malarone antimalarials - they don't taste as they have some kind of coating (just back from Kenya - always have stacks of them handy!....hmmm, makes me sound like a drug dealer!).

Pics, pics, lots of pics!

thankyou, and there will ofcourse be lots of photos! (our form tutor decided to turn us back into year 2's and is making us do "show and tell" :giggle: so im doing a power point of pics for that :wink:

and yeah ive got malarone, it was either tablets for a total of 7 weeks V. 12 days, hmmm hard choice :tongue:

Forgive me clucking:
"A simple dosing regime, of one tablet per day, means that the drug needs to be started just 1-2 days prior to arriving in a malaria zone, while away and for just 7 days on leaving the area. This is because Malarone has the ability to act on the liver and blood stage of the malaria infection. This simple regime is believed to increase compliance and will be especially convenient for short holidays and last minute trips to malarial destinations."

Cluck cluck cluck

Seem to spend loads of time and dosh on folk with malaria - that aside have a fab time (I'll stop clucking now).

newrider.com