Eowyns latest

B

Black Beastie

Vet called me back today :(

Eowyn has a lesion on her Superficial Digital Flexor Tendon, she has also damaged 2/3rds of the tendon nearly to the back of her knee, the lesion is near her fetlock. Vet hasnt given me a time scale but the therapy is going to consist of box rest, cold hosing and a special tendon antiinflammatory gel he has got in (kinda like extra strong volterol for horses) and also a platelet therapy.

http://www.vetcell.com/e-pet-2/

So I really dont know how to feel at the moment it hasnt really sunk in on certain levels but is kicking me in the @rse on others.

So first pics i will be taking weekly ones as there really is no point in anything more than that TBF.

Normal leg
DSCF3891.jpg

Damaged leg
DSCF3889.jpg

DSCF3888.jpg

DSCF3887.jpg

I took her out of her box to tie her up so i could muck it out and she started pawing and looking to roll on the end of the rope so I let her have a roll in the park, she just got up and stood there afterwards. So went and collected her and she settled down with a ahynet watching Kia grazing.

DSCF3880.jpg

DSCF3881.jpg

Off to google calmers and other products to stop her blowing her mind :cry:

So sorry to hear this, you`ve certainly had your fair share off accidents ... not fair at all.

Lick-its, apples cut up in a tug trug under hay, and plenty of fuss when you get the chance ... hoping it heals well.

Thanks guys, just kinda had it up top my eyeballs with all this injury crap.

Fingers crossed this is the last and we can get to enjoy ourselves without her being in pain or me out of pocket ;)

Oh feel so sorry for you :( you have been through so much together!

Is there any nearby spa hydrotherapy centres? Is it worth considering some alternative therapy?

Thanks Guys.

I honestly hope this is the end, either that or someone needs to stop with the curses and voodoo :(

Fingers crossed shes back to normal after the treatment and rest :smile:

newrider.com