Faced a fear today! *Pics*

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
So with it being a lovley sunny morning and my lorry asking to be taken out :wink: my OH suggested we take Finn out for a little hack at our local park.

Unfortunatly last year i had a few negative experiences at the park. Partly due to my Ex field mate and also to do with idoit dog owners. I am really quite fearfull of dogs anyway never mind on horse back, my boy has never liked dogs either :frown: So after being chased by dogs at least 3 times last year and some very scary galloping attempts to escape these horrible mutts i was well and truelly put off the place.

I was rarther nervous this morning but my lovley OH said he would stay with us at all times and keep an eye out for any naughty doglets :tongue:

We kept it pretty short and sweet, lots of doglets out but all well behaved thank god! Even got some canters in :biggrin:

So yeah rarther pleased, still not very excited about going again but least i have turned it into a good memory rarther than all the bad ones from last year :smug:
Luckily Finn didnt seem at all put off, his little ears were pricked the whole time and i think he really enjoyed himself :dance:

PS - Dont usually ride in a grackle but ive brought this for any jumping or fun rides as thats when he gets really strong, so was just trying it out today for fit :smile:

Pics coming up!....

DSC_0416-1.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

Nawwww :inlove:
DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

Excuse the dodgy riding position loL!
DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

:biggrin:

Awh fab photos Vicki, well done for working on your fear! Have to say I'm disappointed though......where's the matching numnah -top thing?! *shakes head and sighs* :tongue:

Well done! You and Finn look lovely! The pictures are ace! I REALLY want to take the ponies to some off the local parks, but unfortunatly, MY local parks are over 3 hours away from my ponies... :yellowcarded:

Well done and lovely handsome Finn. But agree with FM - tut tut, slipping ...!!!

He's cute and you look so happy! :)
Your OH is so nice too

Thanks Karin, he is a cutie! :inlove:

Awh fab photos Vicki, well done for working on your fear! Have to say I'm disappointed though......where's the matching numnah -top thing?! *shakes head and sighs* :tongue:

Thanks FM. Yes i have slipped on the matchy matchy :redcarded: Nothing goes with my toggi hoody :tongue:

Lovely pics! Have wheels - will travel!:biggrin:

Thanks HH :tongue:

Glad you have overcome your fears of the park . Have to say that Finn is looking as gorgeous as ever.:wub:

Thankyou C, good job Finn cant see all these comments, his head wouldnt fit through the stable door :tongue:

Well done! You and Finn look lovely! The pictures are ace! I REALLY want to take the ponies to some off the local parks, but unfortunatly, MY local parks are over 3 hours away from my ponies... :yellowcarded:

Thanks hun! Wowza 3hours thats quite a treck! I want to go to the seaside but that would be like 3hours for us! :unsure:

Well done and lovely handsome Finn. But agree with FM - tut tut, slipping ...!!!

Thanks SJP! Yes must redeem myself, you can tell i was nervous as i dont usually go out mis matching :wub:

Well done for facing your fear :biggrin: The pics are great, looks a lovely place, Finn and you are looking brill together too. :dance:

Thanks MQ for the lovley comments as always! :biggrin: x

Fab pics! You and Finn are looking fab as always. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Great pictures! :smile:

Well done for facing your fears as it's never easy!

You have a great OH too! Very supportive it seems!

My last OH was far from supportive as he used to say many times that I pay a lot of money for my pony to eat grass all day - that's why is is an EX! :wink:

What a lovely update, I love the fact that your postings are always so cheery, you cam tell how much you love Finn just from the way you write

Fab pics! You and Finn are looking fab as always. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Aww thanks me dear! :angel:

Lovely pic of Finn looking full of himself it must b spring..

Thankyou OBC, he is very full of himself at the moment! A few weeks ago our YO's decided to mix the mares & geldings to have just one big herd, ever since he has been acting like a right little stallion :redcarded:

Well done for facing a fear, looks like it was well worth it, he is very handsome what breed is he?

Thanks VM! As for breeding i havent got a clue! Us NR lot think some kind of highland native-ish mix!? :angel:

Great pictures! :smile:
Well done for facing your fears as it's never easy!
You have a great OH too! Very supportive it seems!
My last OH was far from supportive as he used to say many times that I pay a lot of money for my pony to eat grass all day - that's why is is an EX! :wink:

Thanks Misteeq! My OH is very good, he is very understanding thank god! And no wonder hes your Ex, doesnt he know that they are worth every single penny? (Even if they do just eat grass all day :giggle:)

What a lovely update, I love the fact that your postings are always so cheery, you cam tell how much you love Finn just from the way you write

Naaaaaaaaw B&P thats so sweet :angel: thankyou muchly :wub:

Looks fab fun!

A little dog tip for you, if a dog approaches you and you're worried instead of running away call it over like it's your best friend, it's hard to feel scared if you're saying 'whose a gorgeous snookumsdiddlypops' in your best baby voice and the dog is less likely to see you as a threat or breakfast! (In my experience, this may not be technically correct so if someone disagrees feel free to correct me!)

Now then me dear ... you need one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cottage-C...Horse_Wear_Equipment&var=&hash=item61cc21869f

Navy blue with red piping, matches you Toggi top perfectly :wink:

Well done on facing your fears babe !!

Thanks Daise, and omg i cant believe your tempting me with more saddle cloths! :giggle: My OH will be having words with you, im not allowed to buy anymore! :giggle:

Although i have just accidently brought a nice working hunter fluffy type one...whoops! :redcarded:

Gorgeous photos as ever!! Love Fin :inlove:

Wish I had a park like that! And a trailer. And an OH who'd come and take pics... maybe I'd better stop there!!!!

Thanks LWTB! :angel: Shall i clone my OH for you hehe!? :giggle:

Looks fab fun!

A little dog tip for you, if a dog approaches you and you're worried instead of running away call it over like it's your best friend, it's hard to feel scared if you're saying 'whose a gorgeous snookumsdiddlypops' in your best baby voice and the dog is less likely to see you as a threat or breakfast! (In my experience, this may not be technically correct so if someone disagrees feel free to correct me!)

Thanks Lots, will definatly try that! Im open to any ideas as im so frightened! I do have a dog who i adore, but all other dogs unless they are teeny weeny just scare the hell out of me!
It makes me very sad i used to love all types, but having been bitten twice in the past 6 months i just have a melt down when i see them now :(

newrider.com