Favourite colours!

bluntcrayon

Oct 21, 2009
Chelmsford
I know we've had this thread before but I've changed my mind :p I used to love chestnuts with flaxen mane and tail but I now I think my favourite is good old dark bay or bright bay :) nice shiny and clean, I think I am a bit of a clean freak lol.

I know we've had this thread before but I've changed my mind :p I used to love chestnuts with flaxen mane and tail but I now I think my favourite is good old dark bay or bright bay :) nice shiny and clean, I think I am a bit of a clean freak lol.

I wont tell Harv's promise ;)

Spotties, iron or rose grey, chestnut, dun and black are my favourite colours.

I have a coloured horse :confused:, but she is chestnut and white :D
And my Shetland X is a spottie :)

I have the best of both worlds, a black/dark chocolate with a large white blaze and 3 white socks.. and a dark bay roan who goes black roan in the winter:) He was dark bay, but is slowly changing:rolleyes:

As a kid always dreamed of having a dun or a chesnut with flaxen M&T - particularly when haflingers *drools*

But really doesn't matter to me (have a grey and a tricoloured)

I love roans. I used to have a lovely bay roan pony.

I never liked buckskin horses until I got my prev pony Twig, now I think they're stunning

I like liver chestnuts too but the name puts me off. Liver... eeuk.

My old RI had a liver chestnut mare. She put me off for life. The horse was a complete nutcase.

She had her at the riding school one day, she was scraping her hooves down the walls, and was really quite unpleasant to watch her tack up.

RI rolled her trailer on the A12. Car started snaking, so did trailer, car turned round to face the wrong way on A12 and trailer rolled over.

Firemen took 2 hours to cut horse free. Once horse was out she loaded straight onto another trailer to take her back to stables.

Only a nutter of a horse gets out of a rolled trailer and loads straight into another without any hesitation :eek:

When said RI took her eventing, because she had not brakes whatsoever, she admitted that she ended up jumping fences with her eyes shut, hoping for a good outcome.

She eventually sold her saying that she was a "man's horse".

Chestnuts are my fave - I've had 2, my pony had a flaxen mane and tail and now I have a liver chestnut, they have wonderful characters and a little quirky but that adds to their attraction.

I've also had a grey and although they look wonderful when they are clean, it can be really hard work keeping them like it.

As well as the chestnut I have dark bay who s easy to keep clean - obviously they get just as dirty but you just cant see it and a tobiano (black and white but not piebald) - with little bits of white luckily.

Silver dapple :D

Pics to show what silver dapple looks like - this is Bob, my silver dapple Sec A :)

Mayfoal3.jpg

Dec071.jpg

Just got back from seeing Harvey (skewbald), not only is he filthy and yellow/brown/grey on his white bits but he is also shedding copious amounts of hair so even the brown bits look dirty! I give up!! Haha..

Have owned a Chestnut and a Dark Bay but ALWAYS wanted a coloured.

Fancied a Piebald but ended up with TWO SKEWBALDS:p BOTH always
'dirty' and mud monsters:rolleyes:

newrider.com