Feel good thread .... ahhh I love my horses ...

C

cateashton

Just went out to skip my boys out and make up feeds for tomorrow. I always do this about 10pm and am outside for at least half an hour because I can't stop kissing and hugging them! Don't our horses make us happy, even if I am tired or a stressed they always manage to make me smile. Sorry just wanted to share this and I like reading threads like this so much.

When I go out at night I always let Blizzard out to stretch his legs and I like him to come out with me. He's 17.1h so he has very very long legs. Beautiful legs it has to be said (am I biased? never lol). Anyway he always watches me make up the feeds, walks around whilst I fill up the haylage and skip out, he's my big old angel and I love him so much!! Hurrah for our horses ....... :D

He's thinking about what I'm doing ....
25012008087-1.jpg

And then he can't resist looking ...
25012008083-1.jpg

Toki's asleep and can't be bothered ...
24012008077.jpg

Johnny (the baby) is bemused by it all thinking 'why is he out there '.....
071207.jpg

Luverly hosses!

I think if I had my own place I would do things like that. I love just letting them roam about and do their own thing!

your horses are gorgeous, i feel the same way about mine, after i have put him infor the night i always give him a hug - he's so big and fluffy his necks like a pillow and he always smells of that wonderful horsey smell, mmmm jasper i loves ya ! brilliant thread ;)

Thank you, they are so lovely to me .....

I love it, i've only had them at home for a couple of years now but wouldn't/couldn't go back to livery. They are literally 50 yards from my front door and I can see all of the paddocks from the windows and it makes me smile everytime I look out. They are all very very laid back and yes the beauty of having them at home means you can let them wander about within reason, they are always wandering the yard. Johnny goes out on a lead rein but the other two just follow, no roads to cross just straight into the field from the stable doors. I am always just nipping out to hug and kiss them! I do feel very lucky it has to be said .... :)

They are in age order ... Blizzard 19 (chestnut), Tokoloshi 11 (aka Toki black) and finally Johnny 5 (bay).

Last edited by a moderator:
they are lovely:D

I had a very c**p day today but by the time I had been turned out/mucked out this morning I was feeling heaps better, just can't be down around them for long:)

ah thank you all, I know what you mean Pedilia, I used to come home from the city tired and fed up and I'd go straight to the horses, suit stuffed into wellies and hugged and kissed them silly. They think I am quite mad but secretly love it! Blizzard pretends it's beneath him (he's suchhh the gentleman and always has been) Toki (so laid back it's unbelievable) laps it all up and Johnny wonders if it's always going to be like this (it is!).

If they could speak Blizzard would sound and be like Optimus Prime (the main robot in transformers) Toki would be Johnny Depp and Johnny would be the giraffe from Madagaska! lol I'm mad I know but it's soooo true.

Last edited by a moderator:
I now what you mean. i just love it when i drive up the lane and I see them waiting at the gate to come in -their little faces!:D

Your so lucky :D
I have to walk 5 minutes down a busy road to get to my pony. It is worth it when I see her all snuggled up in her stall.

She pretends that she doesn't like to be cuddled, but secretely she loves it ;)

I love Blizzard! What a gorgeous little (huge) lad.

Your so lucky :D
I have to walk 5 minutes down a busy road to get to my pony. It is worth it when I see her all snuggled up in her stall.

She pretends that she doesn't like to be cuddled, but secretely she loves it ;)

I love Blizzard! What a gorgeous little (huge) lad.

Ah thank you Blizzard is my baby (and yes a giraffe) but he is the most fabulous 'once in a lifetime' horse, a real schoolmaster who I've 'never' had to even tell off for anything. He's been with us practically his whole life and we have the strongest bond, I would trust him to look after me anywhere. He's as fit and strong today as ever (after a fractured knee in 2006 and off for a year) and is without a doubt the fastest horse I have ever sat on who covers the ground making it look like you're not moving (however the tears in your eyes give it away! lol)

No matter how I feel going to the field, I always come back with a smile on my face :) Every single day, Jackson does something to make me smile and feel proud of him. I get welcomed with a big whinny if they're a long way away or a nice little nicker if they're near the gate - gives me a nice warm feeling :)
There are four others with him in his little herd too, and they are all lovely as well. Jester belongs to StarPiper on here, and he comes over and makes his wee face with his lips all wobbly - he is a cuddly teddy bear :) Then there's the old boy, we think around 30, who is dignified and very sweet to people, even if people haven't always been nice to him. There's Jackson's wee best mate, the Connemara, who is a bit of a lad and will always do something funny and there's the mare, everybody's mummy, who will give you a good groom with her wiggly lip. I think they're sort of my extended family - and I miss them all if I go away for a few days...

Yes I can honestly say my horses always make me feel so happy and peaceful; they have such a calming influence and i love them so much. All of mine have different personalities but they are all so laid back and happy. And not to mentioned spoilt (as we all do) and mostly with attention and fuss I mean (and not to mention hero worship lol).

newrider.com