FINALLY... I am a pony owner!

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
So this week's been really tiring for me cos I've been doing the yard alone quite a lot, my boss and her mum have been really busy moving horses for people, taking cars to the garage, that sort of thing. Well that is what they have been telling me anyway... the lying toads :giggle: This evening they went off with the trailer to "move a pony for someone"... I was in the barn doing the feeds when they got back, and instead of hearing the rattle of an empty trailer I heard the unmistakable high-pitched voice of a pony shouting hello! So my boss comes round the corner grinning her head off - grabs my arm and takes me out to the trailer - opens the side door - and inside the trailer there is indeed a pony... and it has a bow around its neck :eek:

So... I may possibly have the coolest boss in the world - she and her mum have bought me a PONY for my upcoming 26th birthday :bounce: I am totally overwhelmed. Seeing my name on his papers made me feel a bit giddy :giggle:

Say hello to Anatole :biggrin:

DSCF9197.jpg

DSCF9198.jpg

DSCF9199.jpg

DSCF9203.jpg

He's 18 months old, castrated a few weeks ago, breeding unknown, probably about 12 hands. Mostly cremello coat-wise but he has a darker, more palomino face and doesn't have much pink skin. My boss was looking for something more like 3 to 5 years old that I could back and/or bring on - but they found him on Wednesday, up for sale with about 10 others and he's such a friendly little chap he sort of jumped out at them from the lineup :)

Don't ask me what my plans are for him - cos I have no idea - I am still reeling and rather too gobsmacked to think just yet! :giggle:

Congrats you lucky so and so! He is lovely and will make a stunning boy when he is older! :happy:

A fun age to have a pony from, the very basic ground work already in place, you've just got to fine tune him into your perfect pony:biggrin:

Gosh, that's everyone's dream isn't it... to get a pony with a ribbon tied round it's neck as a present!!! He's lovely, congratulations - have lots of fun :)

What a fantastic thing to do.......however, you must deserve it:biggrin:

Congratulations, he is gorgeous and HAPPY BIRTHDAY:dance:

Happy Birthday!

Anatole looks beautiful - you are blessed with a pretty pony and a fabulous boss :happy:

Congratulations - and keep posting pics please, I can't wait to see him grow up into a handsome palomino boy :inlove:

newrider.com