First day of 2021

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Anyone up to anything remarkable or slightly more exciting than the day I have planned?

Just about to head to the yard, hoping no issues from all the fireworks last night ?

Then I've got a to do list of things to get done, most exciting being clip my guinea pigs nails!

The rest of the day will be spent working on university assignments.

I am also doing uni work. Will also be making the most of the last few days of the holidays before I start back at work and uni next week. To add to everything else I also have to get ready to homeschool my 13 year old for 2 weeks! The problem is that we don’t have enough computers for us all to be on at once so it all takes planning.

Reactions: MrA
I’m going to spend the morning with my mob, if there’s no ice I feel a walk coming on, and I’ve offered for a young girl to come and play with the ponies as she’s been missing her horse time terribly since her lessons were cancelled, then I’m going to ride my friends horse a bit later then back to my mob for evening chores then home to a quiet night with roast dinner that I’d planned to cook last night but all the families video calls meant it never happened.

Just been down and fed them all, had hoped to ride Buddy but it is freezing and icy so he has gone up the field We had hay delivered last night so have put a big bale in the field which they found after dinner last night to great excitement. Just come up to warm hands before i muck out, will walk Harrison poodle for couple of hours and that's about all.

I’m about to head outside to give breakfasts. Mr t will be in Oculus for part of the day and I’m starting a new cat novel. In between that we will be having a play about with Zi and bathing Chloe‘s legs. Hoping for a nice walk about our land checking fences etc and the usual yard chores. Oh and I have a face mask waiting (the moisturising sort)?. Pheasant tonight for dinner so looking forward to that.

Just been down to feed the ram lambs and put more hay in there racks. Hoping they will do the sensible thing and stay in. Its trying to snow here.
No riding again which im actually disappointed about. Four days off and it doesnt look as though i will ride any off them. Think it will be too slippy even for an inhand walk, so Treswers youve just inspired me to go play in the field with some polework in hand instead. That should be ok and not to slippy at the bottom of the field.

Desperately need to tie myself to the computer for paperwork but..... any excuse not to.

Just been down to feed the ram lambs and put more hay in there racks. Hoping they will do the sensible thing and stay in. Its trying to snow here.
No riding again which im actually disappointed about. Four days off and it doesnt look as though i will ride any off them. Think it will be too slippy even for an inhand walk, so Treswers youve just inspired me to go play in the field with some polework in hand instead. That should be ok and not to slippy at the bottom of the field.

Desperately need to tie myself to the computer for paperwork but..... any excuse not to.
roads too slippery to ride on, been like this for over a week

Normally, I go on a long NY Day hack and then we get together as a family for a NY Day feast and games evening.

This year, we are in T4 and back to shielding, Pete's saddle doesn't fit well enough for a long hack and the first of the trial saddle hasn't arrived yet. At least I can get out to walk the dog - thank goodness for his arrival in 2020 :D

Other than that, it's a day of nothingness. Hopefully a theme that doesn't last all of 2021.

I'm just so sad. Second lockdown in November really affected my mental health and I've felt really flat over Christmas and New Year. Coupled with the weather putting the kybosh on riding too at the moment, I'm just feeling very "meh". Whilst my youngest daughter lives 3 miles away, my elder two are 150 and 180 miles away and I miss them dreadfully. I haven't seen my son and his fiancée since they broke the pregnancy news and she's well over halfway now, with no potential visits on the horizon either. Plus I lost control of my eating and have regained a load of weight

The only pleasure I have at the moment is looking at my gorgeous Christmas tree and even that's going to be dismantled tomorrow.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this. I know I should be grateful for what I have and the fact that none of us have been touched by Covid, but it's hard to be positive at the moment.

I'm just so sad. Second lockdown in November really affected my mental health and I've felt really flat over Christmas and New Year. Coupled with the weather putting the kybosh on riding too at the moment, I'm just feeling very "meh". Whilst my youngest daughter lives 3 miles away, my elder two are 150 and 180 miles away and I miss them dreadfully. I haven't seen my son and his fiancée since they broke the pregnancy news and she's well over halfway now, with no potential visits on the horizon either. Plus I lost control of my eating and have regained a load of weight

The only pleasure I have at the moment is looking at my gorgeous Christmas tree and even that's going to be dismantled tomorrow.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this. I know I should be grateful for what I have and the fact that none of us have been touched by Covid, but it's hard to be positive at the moment.
Domane I really feel for you, I’ve been very down prior to Christmas and I’d be very surprised if any of us have not suffered this year in one way or another and just because you think you‘ve things to be grateful for doesn’t make your worries or woes any less real than anyone else‘s. Sending lots of virtual hugs (the thing I miss most) your way, there is a light at the end of this god awful tunnel weve been plunged into.

Domane lots of good vibes and hugs coming from here too.

Theodores loss threw a goom into things.
Today is a day of nothing much really either.
I did see the Scotland lights show on Google this am
The name stsrted with am H
But the only word that comes to mind with an is
Haggis

It looked like it was drones????with lights
It was nice.very well done.

At the moment its cold but sunny.
Tonite up this end of the state will start as snow and sleet tonite then go to rain ovetnite and 50f by afternoon.

Reactions: MrA and Trewsers

Can you not take some control and cheer yourself up? We are all scared and need distraction.
Can you not zoom meet with your far away children? Each of our daughters rings up once a week. It makes no difference whether they are near or far as one cant see them.
Why cant your tree stay up till 12 th Night (6th Jan) as is traditional? Ours will this year (it doesnt normally)
I have put on weight too. So need to lose it before I ride again.
If you have unlimited wi fi, escape with some TV or keep yourself occupied. Have you watched Bridgerton?
Lots of educvationak vids on lne at the moment, most of it classics or war but I've learned about Tunisia
In our family we have splurged on jig saws and also some Lego, both new and from e-bay.

Haggis

Tonite up this end of the state will start as snow and sleet tonite then go to rain ovetnite and 50f by afternoon.
Lol to Haggis! heehhee, I must google these lights - was it in Edinburgh?

Can you not take some control and cheer yourself up? We are all scared and need distraction.
Can you not zoom meet with your far away children? Each of our daughters rings up once a week. It makes no difference whether they are near or far as one cant see them.
Why cant your tree stay up till 12 th Night (6th Jan) as is traditional? Ours will this year (it doesnt normally)
If you have unlimited wi fi, escape with some TV or keep yourself occupied. Have you watched Bridgerton?
Lots of educvationak vids on lne at the moment, most of it classics or war but I've learned about Tunisia
In our family we have splurged on jig saws and also some Lego, both new and from e-bay.
Lego is awesome! Someone locally made a giant penguin for charity out of it.

Meh. That sums up me on and off over Christmas. Despite being exceedingly lucky in so many many ways. It cannot be helped from time to time right now. I have much to look forward to and a huge amount at my disposal right now - as in my beautiful kind husband, three wonderful horses and 7 (almost eight) characterful cats. Not to mention all the other things like the beautiful views and walks. Yet something is off kilter and not quite right. Not even new boots would cheer me up. Yet I have no reason to be down. I think what you're going through is what so many are - personally I think it's okay to feel meh. And it's okay to have a bloody good moan too. It's been said before - but this will end. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Chin up chuckxx

Reactions: MrA and Kite_Rider

Haggis

Aw, I know how much you must miss your Theodore.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I’m not really sure that ‘taking some control and cheering yourself up is a very helpful comment Skib, as well intentioned as it might have been, it isn’t always easy to shake yourself down and go all British stiff upper lip when your mental health is suffering as you should know as you’ve family within the medical profession.
The thing with depression/low mood is you actually have no desire to do anything, even getting out of bed in a morning can be hard work, so as much as someone suffering wants to feel happy about life it really isn’t that simple.

Haggis

Could have been Hogmanay, that’s Scots for New Year Eve ?

Well ive been busy. I ended up doing firewood. So ive been swinging an axe. My back is now aching. No surprise. Then managed a little play in the field with the poles. Chunky was being very lazy. Walk over, knock it off, put back up, walk over, knock off again put back up. Spoiled it a bit and i did get cross with him, after that he tried a bit harder.

@domane so sorry you are feeling down. These restrictions are taking a toll on many people. I have good days and bad days myself, yesterday was good, today is bad, but I keep telling myself that this too shall pass.

Todayis one of our rare days off, so I got up early and went to see how Mattie was, decided he was well enough to be outside for a bit. So Steve and I walked the dogs together - a rare event! - and came home for a big brunch, then went over to the field to make the old man a little pen to enjoy some long grass in.

Spent the rest of the daylight hours reorganising my yarn stash, which only another knitter or weaver will understand!

Put Mattie to bed at dusk and then home for roast chicken and left over champagne. Yum.

Reactions: Trewsers and MrA
newrider.com