First time out with Max....Have a giggle!

Monty

Nov 16, 2001
On a farm
Visit site
I'm putting this on her as I'm posting for your amusement, rather than clutter up the serious dressage forum with it.

Tis first time out with Max. I've taken six months to re -learn rising trot. Sitting trot isn't an option on him as he has a huge trot (by my experienece). My brain remembered how to do it, but my pelvis and hips had completely forgotten....like I'd never done it before. It has taken me six months to develop some more muscle, and to re discover the ones I still had but which had become redundant and started to waste away.

Enjoy.....smile.....and thank the Lord for breast plates designed by Wally and myself, and good sports bras........... Never thought I'd need a breast plate to help me with my halt...........not a voluntary halt anyway!!!!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HN8oBtaEorg

http://youtube.com/watcSEphYtM18h?v=od

And those hands??? I hang my head in shame!!!

Last edited:
Monty that was fab! He looks like a lovely boy and you make a good pair - I expected you to look a lot smaller on him :confused::D (and I've seen worse trotting from people with 2 good hips, too ;):D)

Thank you! Know what you mean Ginger Thing, about thinking I'd look smaller on him. I think it's a combination of reasons. Because he's not as broad about the beam as Rubi, I'm more comfortable, and not riding so short,(I do have short legs too) and I like to think that losing 3 st in the last 12 months has had something to do with it. It has certainly helped my riding. In fact, to be honest I could never really have contemplated having Max weighing as I did.:rolleyes: I had videos and photos of us done when I had him on trial, to make sure, and I was pleasantly surprised at the result. I can't explain it other than the reasons above.

Here's to a smoother trot and quiet hands in 2010. Tis my first para competititon on February 3rd, at Aintree, so I have some hard work to do!:eek:

Last edited:
Woman, what are you on about????? Don't be so hard on yourself.

I wish I still had that vid. you sent me of you cantering on a cob in an indoor school somewhere. What a difference. Different rider.

You didn't need that handle, you stayed there on your own glue.

If 6 months makes that much difference....................

2010 watch out! Well done indeed.

newrider.com