First week on prascend

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
Kia has had his first week on prascend. I've been giving him half a tab as opposed to the full one that vet prescribed. I will be giving him half a tab for another week then 3/4 of a tab for two weeks before trying him with the full dose. He is to be retested in two months so plenty of time to get the full dose into him without having to manage him with the veil. I'd rather he not go through that.

He has been happily taking his tablet in a bit of parsnip given by me so dosing him doesn't seem to be a hassle at present, he has also been gobbling up a feed with his lung sups in it. Not much of a feed but still enough to get him started :)

We went for a short 2km hack today. Only out for 20mins, a far cry from our normal activities but he's getting very hairy and I want him to enjoy being rugless until the proper bad weather come as he will be getting clipped as soon as I need to start rugging for the wet winter weather. I'm going to clip him with a clip similar to the one I saw on the net, I think it was a foreign driving style clip as I want to leave his belly on to help keep him warm but remove enough neck chest and sides to keep him comfortable. He was sweating quite a bit just from a km of walk and about a km of trot. I wanted to see how his nostrils were after a little bit of exertion, I just let him trot for longer to see how how letting him puff a bit affected him. We had running from a nostril and a clean one as expected since he is on the meds for one lung only.

So all in all a good week for the old guy. Hoping to notice a difference in his energy levels etc soon once the medicine is in his system properly. This is a trail after all and if after the three months I don't see any improvement I will have to decide what to do as money wise and morals wise I won't keep throwing pills at him as mush as I love him more than anything. However he is till my boy and we are still enjoying each other's company :D

Hacking

Posing

Nostrils

Enjoy the pics :)

ETA I made a blog page on facebook for him, I wanted to keep a record for the vet and also for myself as I am still undecided about all of this at present here is the link, it's also under my avatar :)

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryB and Jessey
Lovely pictures, he certainly looks happy.

It's great that he's taking his tablet easily, sometimes that is half the battle!!

Fingers crossed he shows an improvement

Reactions: MrC
I love the blog!!! That picture of him in the snow is gorgeous!

Reactions: MrC
newrider.com