fly rugs with no necks? amigo? - anyone want a rambo sweetitch hoodie?!

BlueWicked

fluff-free
Jan 13, 2008
in the real world...
well I now own so many items that arent right, im hiding them from hubby!:eek:

Blue needs a fly sheet as he is really irritated by the flies and rubs his tail... not his mane. Being the generous mum I am got him a rambo sweetitch hoody, but as his mane had already started falling out with his combo, the sweetitch hoody insnt helping either:rolleyes: I erm.. also have a silver IVhorse full fly rug with neck &ear holes:eek:

......... I have a Shires one that has no neck, which is ok, but it isnt a great fit at the neck. I wondered if the amigo bug rugs have detachable necks, as the fronts on them seem to fit him better:rolleyes:

hi,

mark todd's fly rug comes with a detachable neck rug and i think its a really good rug, so you would have the neck bit there just encase you needed it. if you cant find somewhere selling it online then the wee shop on my yard sells them so i can give you her number:)

Amigo Bug Rug

I bought an Amigo Bug Rug last year for my Connemara mare. She is 15'1 and the rug is 6ft. It is a perfect fit and comes with a detachable neck, which is easily attached with velcro fittings. Would recommend it as it is lovely soft silky material, which is also hard-wearing.

Bought it from an online website - cyber checkout - it was around £26.00 as I think it was the previous year's stock.

I have a Rambo Protector and the neck cover is removeable- With out scissors! Its a bit more expensive than the Amigo but a brilliant rug

I've got an older rambo fly rug. Its on its 3rd year now. Still look fantastic. Its a sort of plasticy mesh and the neck is removable. Is the amigo and the rambo not the same parent company? I would imagine they would be similar shapes if so so should probably fit.

I have to say I had tried umpteen fly rugs before I got the rambo and although it was dearer it has been worth every penny:D

I really fancy the one they have out now with the built in fly repellant but his rug is in such good nick I just cannot justify it (yeah right, lets see how long I hold out:D)

i don't like getting the detachmable neck rugs because if any of those straps break attached to the neck to the sheet the horse may become blinded and become scared and hurt themselves or the blanket/sheet may damage their eyes. What i do to my neck blankets when i don't want their neck covered up is just fold the neck cover part over their withers.

newrider.com