Follow on from my equine reading with Ginny Patterson.

Gem at heart

Feb 6, 2009
Cornwall
For those that were interested, i sent a few pictures of Ruby along with 4 questions & a strand of mane. I have just recieved an email saying my CD reading should arrive tomorrow. But she left a recorded preview in the email, unfortunately it was very broken up so i will have to wait to hear it properly.

What i did get sounded just like Ruby, in fact it was very in depth & Ginny sounds lovely. As soon as i listen to it properly i will come back to this thread but in the mean time here's what i did manage to hear. :D

She ran through her emotions, health, what she likes dislikes, what she thinks of me, her surroundings, her past, her fears, personality, what she will be good at later.

An absolute stunner & she knows it!
Very brave
Very proud, have to work her
Tilted pelvis, uncomfortable
Cows nearby (There is - very close)
Quiet
Tractor
Something about me?
Fantastic jumper in fact very good at it (she has just jumped a barbed wire fence when the gate beside it ws open - Ginny doesn't know this.)
something very special about her
Good at dressage!
Very powerful
She wants to show me her confidence
She wants to know that i can keep up with her???
A great show off
Enjoys a stupid little mad trot when excited!

Tbh there was such alot but when i hear it properly i'll let you know how accurate i find it to be. Here's a pic of Ruby to remind you of my filly being read. :)

DSC01659.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

I had one of these done not so long ago by Ginny. At first i was really pleased with what i heard but the more i listened to it, the more i realised that what Ginny was saying could have actually been about any horse and nothing specific to Anya. Im glad i had it done but im still dubious about the fact that people can find out things just by a piece of mane/tail and a picture.

It didnt work for me but i hope there are things specific to you and your horse.

Let us know :)

Twerd, thanks for your feed back, i will be listening very carefully. I did wonder if she would pick up on Ruby's hips because they click & she hates her off hind being picked up. Ginny said something about her pelvis being tilted. Will find out more. :)

Communicators work in wonderful ways & i'm sure there is people who are not genuin out there.
I believe in it all because i have had alot of spiritual work done myself that has baffled me. A good friend of mine can read people he doesn't even know but i do, it always amazes me.

I was reccommended Ginny by LokiSofi thats on New Rider, she had really good feedback about her horse.

I thought i would try it as i wanted to find out a bit about Anya's past and to see if i could find out where her scar came from. I asked Ginny the 4 questions, 3 of them being general questions and one asking how Anya got her scar, this was the only thing that would make me thing Ginny could really communicate with her. I didnt tell Ginny where the scar was, i just asked if Anya knew how she got it. When it came to asking the question, Ginny said that Anya wouldn't show her where the scar was and that all she wanted Ginny to know was that she was beautiful with or without the scar!! This made me dubious because it was the only thing that would have been specific to Anya!!

Everything else she said could have been about any other horse, she likes polo's (dont they all), she loves having a gallop (dont they all) and she also said that Anys' back and hips were in perfect working order (Anya had an accident when she was younger and her hip clicks and she has to have it manipulated every 3 months!!)

I hope you get what you want from it though, i was dissapointed and i dont think i will do anything like it again, but im glad i did because was always curious!!

Make sure you let me know when you have listened to it, and i would suggest listening to it more than once, because the first time i did, i believed everything was correct!!!! :)

Ok. I can see what Twerd is talking about. I have just listened to the CD. There was some very typical things i.e likes carrots & apples, likes running around, curious etc.

Also there was some things that made no sense at all. A shetland in the field? also a bay? I only have 2 fillys in my field. I used to have a bay. She also sensed that a female with brown hair is very close to her, not me :eek:

The things that were true;
A green tractor in the barn.
'A sensitive person is playing a chase game with her & she is loving this exciting game' 'jumped a fence that looks like posts with barbed wire' (This is true.) 'she's realising getting through the fence is not a good idea'
Me laughing at her not wanting to be washed. She also picked up that i have been using a bag to desensitize her.

Not sure about; Teeth, mums pelvis being out of line. Will be very good at dressage & a super jumper. There was quite a few things that didn't make sense to me but the overall reading about her was very positive. I was at times wondering if she was picking up on the other filly in the field (Libby) because she was describing a very proud horse with great movement & strength of character.

I'm glad i had the reading but it wasn't as accurate as i'd hoped.

:) :)

Being one of the weird ones who has conversations with horses (and other animals) ;) I will say that it can be incredibly difficult to get specifics sometimes. There are times when you get the clearest and most accurate info and other times when it is very general. In fact there are times when I'm embarrassed because I can't get much more than the basics.:eek:

It's a bit like talking in another language but that language is specific to that horse! Sometimes the translation is easy and other times it's very difficult and I have been known to have a conversation with completely the wrong dog because they were more 'in your face'! Luckily the owner realised what had happened and told me and then I managed to pinpoint the right one:rolleyes:

Each horse also has their own personality and may not be particularly talkative or may be very guarded on first meet. The other thing is that (and this isn't an excuse it's simply what I find) that a lot of the initial conversation is very general. Bit like making small talk. Sometimes the horse doesn't want to tell you all about their life as they don't know you and other times it's a struggle to get them to stop talking! When you're doing a conversation it's incredibly tiring and if the horse starts saying more interesting stuff 25mins in to a 30min session and you're tired it's very frustrating!

I also admit that I find it very difficult to get clear answers to specific questions. I work much better with having the information come to me.

All of this sounds like excuses and that's not what I mean I just want to explain the pitfalls of doing the work. Just like being an instructor there are some days when they are geniuses and other times they can only work with the basics-whether that's through them or because of what is presented to them. There are also always varying levels of expertise (and no I don't count myself as an expert in the slightest! More novice level:))

If you're not happy I'd suggest going back to her and explaining that whilst some bits were very accurate (barbed wire fence) there's also some bits that don't fit and could she try again. If someone came to me and said that I'd do another one for free or refund them.:)

Oh and practically every horse I talk to also invariably comes up with carrots or apples :D

Thanks Fanshawe. I understand what you mean, I can imagine the more forthright ones coming through, thats my point though, Ruby is shy & only has one other horse around her who IS VERY confident & upfront. Ginny sounds lovely & she has asked me to keep in touch & give her a ring. I don't know if she was just saying this but she said there is something very special about her & for her own benefit she'd like to hear more about her as she grows up. :confused: Maybe i should ask her about it.

As a further update, i found out today that there used to be a shetland in her field also called Ruby but she didn't die there.

Fanshawe, you are right on the money!! :) That is what I have experienced too (a couple of times I talked to a wrong horse because a stronger one was able to break through). That is why I now prefer to have the owner on online chat while I do the work cos in that case I can correct any misunderstandings at once. I also prefer to not know about the animal before hand but to let through what the animal wants me to know. Some don't want to talk, some talk a mile a minute like Fanshawe also says.

And yes, it sounds like excuses, but it is not. Anyone can learn this but like with anything it takes practice and not two animal communicators work alike. Also it can be very hard to interpret a feeling/sensation or mental picture from an animal - some owners (but luckily not many I have worked with) prefer to hear what they want to hear - so that is what they hear even if that is not what I or the animal actually say.

I had my mare read by a communicator (not Ginny). I was very sceptical and gave her no info at all, just a picture of her and my only question was is she happy or does she want me to change anything?

I was so suprised by the reading...she picked up on her hating being rugged. Was told she has sensitive skin (which she does) and they rub her shoulders, which is true as her shoulders were getting flaky.
She also said that she would prefer bandages to boots for work. This was freaky as Oeke always acts lame in boots:D and I was discussing a week before with a friend about using bandages instead!

yes some of the stuff was very general, like she saw her travelling over water, which yip she is a Friesian so imported from Holland. And said that she is enjoying life with me, and has not had a owner like me before and enjoys all the fuss and pampering she gets (I do groom for hours:p)

But overall I was very happy with the reading...I have since lunged her in bandages and guess what she moves without acting lame. And will get her some roomier rugs for winter!

Swaartpard, Interesting to know. I also have a Friesian but i feel very in tune with her thoughts & emotions. I'm not an animal communicator but i am known to be very psychic within my surroundings, i usually feel very attached to almost every animal i meet & really try to 'hear' them. My Friesian Libby is amazingly cool for her age (2) she too travelled from Holland where she then stayed with her new owner for a few months before coming to me but all i know is that she is very wise & incredibly brave. I would love for a real communicator to tell me more about her past life in Holland & her journey to me. :) A very special horse in my eyes. ;)

So can anyone tell me where i take this journey? :)

I didn't get any information on her past. I was told nothing realy stood out, apart from her being young and enjoying being out and then having to go "work" which she didn't enjoy as it wasvery rushed.

I think I have a good bond with my horse, we haven't been together long but somedays we seem to just understand each other so well. A good example was the first time I rode her on my own, after having lost all my nerve on my other horse I was forced to ride on my own as hubby was away. Think she must of picked up on it as she was a angel from the word go...didn't even do her little side step and laugh at me by the mounting block. If she was human she would have a wicked sense of humour:D

I didn't get any information on her past. I was told nothing realy stood out, apart from her being young and enjoying being out and then having to go "work" which she didn't enjoy as it wasvery rushed.

I think I have a good bond with my horse, we haven't been together long but somedays we seem to just understand each other so well. A good example was the first time I rode her on my own, after having lost all my nerve on my other horse I was forced to ride on my own as hubby was away. Think she must of picked up on it as she was a angel from the word go...didn't even do her little side step and laugh at me by the mounting block. If she was human she would have a wicked sense of humour:D

Haven't Friesians got this wonderful way! I can't wait to ride Lib's. What a rock & yes almost half human. :)

Okay, Gem at heart - let me see if I can explain to you how I became an animal communicator. It was kind of a fluke, like with most thing in my spiritual path but I think it is often the way.

Last year I had an article about my work as an animal communicator published in the US magazine Natural Horse Magazine. This is the first paragraph:

"I didn’t know I was an animal communicator. It came as a total surprise to me that my spiritual abilities took me in this direction. I had healed on animals many times with great success but I had never thought about the possibility of talking to them. Yet it happened, out of the blue, when I needed it for my own dog. It was an awesome experience and the conversations I have had with animals have been heart-warming, honest, humorous and funny, ranging from the horse who was afraid his owner would forget him when she had a baby, over the dog who had suddenly become so fearful that her owner didn’t know what to do, and to the very sassy parrot whose owners had come to a dead end with his aggressive behaviour towards them."

You can read the rest of the article here if you are interested: http://www.divineenergies.dk/articles.htm

Over some years I had taken several courses in intuitive healing (like Reiki but not quite the same) and eventually became a Master so that I could teach others. I worked mainly with people at first but began healing on animals as well. I have a special knack for working with Angels and Divine Masters and I enjoy helping people opening up to this. Then one day my dog seemed a bit "off" and not herself and I didn't know what to do. My Master teacher knew I had a special spiritual connection to my dog and she said "Why don't you talk to her and ask her what is wrong?" I was like "Pfft! Yeah right, like I could do that!" but she urged me on. So with help from my spiritual helpers (angels) I sat down in a meditation and tried connecting telepathically to my dog (with her sitting on my lap) - and it worked!! I was rather baffled to say the least but it was an awesome experience. We sorted out the problem she had and I didn't do more about it for some time, until my horse needed help, then the same thing happened (except that she didn't sit on my lap! :D) Over the last 3-4 years I have tried my way in this, made a heap of mistakes and eventually found a way that seems to work for me. I have had no (human) teacher in this but just found my way via trial and error. This is not the easiest way to learn but it benefits me when I teach others cos I know most of the pitfalls they might encounter along the way. The most important thing about animal communication is practice though - you only gain experience by trying and learning from your mistakes. I must say that of the students I have had, no one works exactly like I do as their spiritual senses are a bit different from mine. Nothing wrong with that but it underlines that you most times can't copy a teacher's method and work exactly the same - you have to find your own way. :)

I hope this explained it a bit! I don't do animal communications for others at the moment as I am working through some emotional issues on my spiritual path, but once I get that sorted a bit better, I will probably take it up again. :)

Last edited:
Roka - Thanks for your reply. I read through the link, it must be amazing knowing that you can communicate with animals & Wow a Couger cat in your barn!

I'm going to make sure i talk to my horses a bit more :) Just maybe the feelings i get back from them could be true. When i saw the green tractor newly painted in the barn today i thought how funny it was that Ruby had been talking to someone about it at some distance! She's probably curious about the tractor because it's quite scarey to her! I'll take her to have a closer look at it. :)

newrider.com