For All The 'Modern' Friesian Haters! (Pictures)

Wow this thread has gotten long:D Lovely to see so many more friesians on NR - when I first joined I think I was only one of a couple of us:D

I do feel that the FPS by encouraging the breeding of the finer more sporty type friesian is loosing a bit conformationally wise - this is noticeable in the weaker bums. Lets hope that there are not going to be any long lasting affects to bloodlines etc. I still prefer the more bulkier baroque type and it is a personal preference as to me that is what a friesian is all about, I think these bloodlines are the ones that need preserving.

Frits can cover ground very quickly, he is very agile for a big horse and he does have stamina he even likes to pop of jumps:D

I still love friesians, there is so much to love about them.

At the end of the day there are breeds we like and breeds we don't, it is all about enjoying your horse afterall.

FayeObs and Madlady, I love to come see your horses and foalies.....wish I wasnt so far away, we are very cut off from the horsey world in Shetland :rolleyes:

Thought i'd add to the thread some new pictures of our foalies!!!

Devo !

tosort028.jpg

tosort032.jpg

Baby Enya!

use3-1.jpg

use4-1.jpg

Big sister Etty & Etty and Devo!
tosort019.jpg

tosort025.jpg

I love this thread, long may it continue lol

Any free to good home? :D

Oh no you don't I'm sure I must have first dibs on Enya ;)

Vels Mum if you are ever down our way for any reason at all then you are more than welcome to pop in and see us.

newrider.com