For all you Friesian lovers!!

Was lucky enough to be invited to give a clinic at a friesian stud, the owner uses the Silversand training methods..quite amazing to see how well behaved these gorgeous horses are.. here's some pics of a few of them there..
sa541.jpg

sa542.jpg

sa5461024x768.jpg

sa5481024x768.jpg

sa5501024x768.jpg

sa5471024x768.jpg

sa5491024x768.jpg

sa542.jpg

sa5511024x768.jpg

Amazing to watch them being fed they all have nose bags to stop any fighting, and they all wait and come in turn to the grooms to have their bag put on..
sa554.jpg

Gordon. The perfect Friesian.

I visited the Florida Carriage Museum in Weirsdale, Ocala in mid October. Following a carriage ride, drawn by two super Friesian geldings we "visited" Gordon. The museum has a number of model horses to show the carriages to full effect and these were constructed using Gordon as the "live model".
What a beautiful head and neck. This horse is so calm and friendly with total strangers and he is a real credit to the breed. He greets you like an old pal!

Click on photo.

Interestingly as the Friesians in Florida are usually out at pasture all year so the main, tail and topcoat are sun bleached brown, rather than the black we see in Europe.

Nonetheless they are terrific horses!

Attachments

• PICT0358.jpg
    PICT0358.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
i love fresians (although i do love most breeds)... I have one a found on the net as my wallpaper (on my laptop)... i love looking at it (and occasionally have a pretend stroke ... not weird honest :redface::tongue:)

They really are gorgeous. I do love these and fells. I love black with long manes and tails. They look so elegant and classy :inlove:

newrider.com