On Facebook On Twitter By Email
New For Sale
Horse in Need of Re-Homing
Details
Type: Private Advert
Price: Free
Updated: 4 days ago
Description
Denny is a 20 old irish sport horse in desperate need of either re-homing with some one who will have the time to retrain him or someone who can put him out to grass as a companion .
Denny is not good with horse boxes so will need to be sedated when collected, he has a fear of gates, stable doors etc we think he has been hit with one in the past, he bucks and can rear with fright. He is best handled with 2 people, one to hold door the other to lead through he seems to cope with this better. with someone who knows what they r doing i think he can be easily broken of this habit. He also has an over step, which he has boots for. These r all his bad points, his good points r that he is a lovely old boy, he doesnt act like a 20 year old he is good to groom, shoe and is very affectionate. He is a lovely character who needs an expect who fancies a challange. He comes with 3 rugs, saddle and bridle etc. I have not ridden him so do not know what he is like to ride, i have only owned him for a few weeks but am a novice who can not handle him. I have been totally honest so that if there is anyone out there who would like to take him on, they no the whole story. He is 15.3 hands, and is brown. He is passported.

That is the advert on pre-loved he was at my previous livery stables and owners complete novice who just could not handle him. Maybe a NR may be interested in him - FREE i think!

Yikes poor nedworth :( I think PTS would be kinder for him in this financial climate than giving him away. The risk of a horse with issues like his going through a sale are much higher than for your average horse :(

def one for projecthorses :frown: the gate thing, someone who knows what they're doing should be able to sort out.

i am sure in the right hands (which, sadly, he probably won't find) he'd be a nice companion or even riding horse if all thats wrong is that he wont travel, hates gates and overreaches.

The mind boggles.... the mother bought this horse for her Novice daughter who's about 13.... never had horse before.

i suppose at his age though would be hard for someone to take him as a project??
Poor Denver (thats his real name)

someone got well and truly conned didn't they, and now they have to sort out the mess.

poor horse. not his fault. whoever sold him to this person really should have known better - he may be misbehaving just because he can get away with it, or just very unsettled, but it's so sad to see an old boy in this situation, and very sad for the person who has bought him.

don't we have someone near to them who might at least try to go in and give a hand to see what could be done with him?

I know a few people at the livery have tried him and he definatley has potential it just seems no one has the time or money for him...
I am going to speak to my RI sunday about him... Not for the school but onew other project horse her stable manager is bringing on- maybe she would like another? :)

I've emailed a link to this thread to someone who's got a Wanted ad up on Project Horses - fingers crossed :)

Oh wow cool, we will find denny a home! The owners dont even know I have posted I am just interferring as I know they cant cope! I would hate to be in that position and would want help :help:

newrider.com