Frustrated (marks fading slowly)

Probably not worth the expense of reflocking it then, and at that age it's not a problem with how it was made. If your saddler really rates it maybe she'd buy it off you & then do some work on it? I wouldn't expect to get much for it, but I wouldn't feel that I could morally sell it as it is.

Probably not worth the expense of reflocking it then, and at that age it's not a problem with how it was made. If your saddler really rates it maybe she'd buy it off you & then do some work on it? I wouldn't expect to get much for it, but I wouldn't feel that I could morally sell it as it is.
Nope I agree, I can't pass that on to someone as is, I might chat to my friend, he doesn't work as a saddler now so won't buy it, but might do me a deal to reflock it. Though it doesn't owe me anything, and I wouldn't expect much for it so its probably better all round to just cut my losses and just not waste any more time on it.

I brought the T4 last weekend, it looks to be OK on her, I had a little sit on her on Monday and it felt OK but I have my saddler friend coming over today to tweek the flocking and make it perfect, hopefully.

Well he's just spent an hour and a half tweeking and watching me ride, having me ride around eyes closed to feel and describe what I'm feeling and more tweeks :) got to ride on it a bit and he's going to check it again in a couple of weeks unless I have concerns before then.

After the eyes shut tweek I got back on and she lifted her back as we walked away, it unnerved me a bit for a second but I think she just felt more comfortable and able to step through, feeling positive :p

Reactions: carthorse
Well he's just spent an hour and a half tweeking and watching me ride, having me ride around eyes closed to feel and describe what I'm feeling and more tweeks :) got to ride on it a bit and he's going to check it again in a couple of weeks unless I have concerns before then.

After the eyes shut tweek I got back on and she lifted her back as we walked away, it unnerved me a bit for a second but I think she just felt more comfortable and able to step through, feeling positive :p

When mine lifts like that it tends to be one of three things, one definately isn't good!

Reactions: Jessey
Do you ever have ah-ha moments? I do and I had one today, the pattern that has appeared on jess' back since the initial rubs has been bothering me, it's so man made looking as it's in straight lines, I was assuming the tree but it's now looking more like lots of little squares
FB_IMG_1531594041779.jpg FB_IMG_1531594038614.jpg
And today I was cleaning up and the saddle pad that bothered me back in January was in my hand.. . Remember this pic?
FB_IMG_1516278928243.jpg
I don't know but maybe it's played into it, I won't be using it again :( because it's a lovely pad that I coveted for months.

I thought of that pad and picture as soon as I seen the squares on her before I scrolled down to the original pic. I remember that and you can clearly see the pattern in her marks now :eek: well it certainly must have played a part in it judging by the pattern.

Makes me feel terrible to think she could have been putting up with discomfort since January :( I haven't actually used that pad much since then either, I could count on one hand the number of times.

You had no idea it might cause this to happen @Jessey and the second you seen something you were straight o. It don't be so hard in yourself. I've seen some interesting white marks appear in my time but have to admit that is a new one on me. I'm sure OBC said she had this but it hasn't caused issues you were not to know,I certainly wouldn't have thought it! Silver linings you did feel there was an issue with the stirrup bar through the flocking so this has hopefully all been a blessing in disguise and your new saddle will work well going forwards.

I'm still sure the stirrup bar/flat flocking caused the bald patches, and I doubt the pad alone would be a problem but combined with flat flocking it was.
It's not the first time she's had full panel white hairs (which no saddler I've spoken to has ever seen) :( it happened before with the saddle that caused her haematoma, it all resolved when I switched back to the one that caused this. I do wish she wasn't such a stoic old bat.

They are fading really well Jessey. Well done. How are you finding the new saddle etc?
I'm still umming and ahhing, Jess' back is getting better and we did 8.5 hours over 2 days and she wasn't at all sore but we did get the weird lumps that we think were heat and gel pad related and she does still have dry patches after shorter rides but honestly I don't much like riding in it, I just prefer a flatter seat with wide twist. I'm happy to put up with it if she is happy tho, I'm going to pop by my saddler friends tonight in the hopes he can pop by in the morning and have another check of it.

Just caught up with this.

I have two of the same saddle cloth but never had an issue like you have.

Glad you got a new saddle that works for Jess a shame you aren’t as keen on it.

Last photo looks great much better

newrider.com