Ginger did his first prelim and I stayed on.

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
The weather yesterday was so bad I though about not going today. But when I got up it was not raining and OH said he would come with me so what the hell.

A friend was meant to be coming as well but when she went to load him he backed out the trailer broke his head collar and ran off down the tracks:unsure:
Ginger watched all this :help: and he really is a watch and learn type of boy not good. He watched reared and started to prance so I popped him in the indoor school so he could chill out....he reared 3 times, had a trot and poo.

Friend got her horse and said she did not want to go no. Ginger was then not overly keen to load but after a couple of gentle minutes and kind words he went in.:tongue:

When we got there it was snowing and wind, he was not happy had another mini rear then settled enough to tack up. By now and with a diversion on route my well planned 1/2 warm up was cut down to 15 minutes, 10 of which were spent stopping him doing more rears and tanking off:redface:

OH said it was my turn so we left the indoor and entered the gale force gusts and snowa:) the intro B went OK, every time we went in to the wind he backed off and went side ways but we got through it.

I has 20 minutes to warm up for his first every prelim. It is a nice test and he was doing it beautifully at home. The warm was OK some of the transition to canter went well others were horrid.

It took me 3 circles to get him facing the right way to enter the arena the weather was now so bad the wind was forcing the snow sideways. All was OK until the canter when he went hollow and would not go in to the corners at all in fact he did a lovely canter shoulder in down the long side:smug: such a shame that is not what was required.

Anyway I was really pleased with both tests in such bad weather, we came 4th in the intro with 63.9 and 6th in the prelim with 57.

Very happy but very cold

newrider.com