Good doer thats losing weight

Ok guys, I am feeling alot happier today.

I'll just keep an eye on her and erm.......how do you condition score:eek:

Hi if you need to gain weight fast on her then why not start putting conr oil in her feeds it is non heating but is pure fat so it wont make her hyper but will provide her with extra calories and about a coffee cup in each feed is supposed to double the calorie intake or so my vet says all I know is that it works wonders.

When Kia got sick last year it worked a treat on him as he was on box rest so I couldn't pile the feed into him or he would have went through the roof anfter 3 weeks of sitn in a stable!!!

Hope you get the weight back on!!!!

nikki xxxxx :eek:

i would maybe consider getting a worm count done. there's well known resistance to the panacur 5 day course. A worm count through Gill's (westgate) labs is only about £9 and she's very quick :) Kez came from a yard with a rigerous worming program and his count just after we got him was 1100!! very high!! so not all worming programs are fool proof.....

Speedibeet would be the way forward i think. Oddly enough, my good doing cob is losing weight too just now. He's certainly not thin, but i wouldn't like him to lose much more. I've upped his hay and speedibeet rations and also increased his rugging, just to make sure he's alright. He tends to lose weight if he's not very warm and toastie :rolleyes:

I did have an excellent pdf file about condition scoring. will see if i still have it.......

newrider.com