Goodnight Ruby

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Yesterday our gorgeous girl left us at 9.15am. We used a wonderful company called Dignipets who came to our home, so she went very peacefully, in her own bed under the window in our lounge. She is now laid to rest in the field where Gracie was earlier this year.

Ruby was thirteen and a half and the years of lugging her chunky black labrador body around had taken their toll on her joints, so it was time. She arrived a month after we moved here, a small, wriggly bouncing bundle of oversized paws - and skin that she never did seem to fully grow into - so she's woven into the very fabric of our existence here in Shropshire. She never knew what a lucky dog she was, having a 125-acre "garden" literally outside her door.... and thus she never was very good on a lead! I know we all say it, but she truly was such a special dog and everyone who met her adored her. She leaves a big black lab-shaped hole in our lives đź’”

Rest in peace, our darling girl....

FB_IMG_1547192394048_copy_800x800.jpg

I'm so sorry Domane, and it's going to be hard when she's so firmly woven into your lives there. You're right though, she was a very lucky girl to have lived there with you and such a wonderful "garden|", and at thirteen and a half she'd had a long life filled with love. Dignipets sound like the best possible way to let her go, no stress and her own loved home.

I hope you're coping, I'll be thinking of you xx

It is one of the benefits of living where we do that the vet comes to the house. So sorry that Ruby’s time came though. She will leave a very big hole. Hugs xx

Aw bless, maybe shes now running around with Flossy. Having laid Floss to rest less than two weks ago i can very much share in your grief right now. They leave such a big hole.
Sending virtual hugs.

So sorry for your loss, thinking of you all at this very sad time x

newrider.com