Gotcha!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I tried catching Jack the other day with the lure of carrots. It took a couple of minutes but once I had his headcollar on I fed him copious carrots (ok, about 4!) lots of quiet praise and that was that. Today I walked up to him, fed him a carrot and he virtually shoved his own nose into his headcollar. Good. I have the farrier in Monday!

Dom was off today so I decided to try and catch the baby. He lured Lexie into the pen with a carrot and I attempted to headcollar her. Well, there was no "attempt" - she stood like a rock so I just did it,admittedly the foal way, but there was no objection at all. Good girl. I then took it off, then put it back on again - just to check it wasn't a fluke. Admittedly I broke my cardinal rule and hand-fed her some carrots..... but then I've never had to work with a youngster in just a field.... so I now have new rules!!!!

Anyhoo, Dom took a pic. She's nine and a half months now. The first pic was a week after her arrival, aged 5 months. She's grown a tad then!!

20190221_173330-800x800.jpg

newrider.com