great day/week need to share

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
I have the week off work mainly to teach the lad to long rein but it is shaping up to be a great week.

I ride 3 other horse for friends one is an ex racer (Hoys pretental) a driving pony and a big warmblood. If I get a day off I normally ride all of them plus my lad either schooling or hacking depending on what I did last time with them.

Last week the schooling was not great and I felt I have lost it a bit but this week has been awesome. With no time limits and on OH (away at the gold cup) i have been able to really work on them.

I cycled to yard long reined and looked after my boy then school/hack the others. yesterday was schooling and it was amazing the warmblood and I mastered rein back to canter, collected and extend canter. today we went for a gallop and a jump.

The racer and I had a hack yesterday and a lesson tonight we cracked counter bend in canter on a circle.

The driving pony was who is really had to school as doesnt like to bend had a really good hack today with a gallop and a buck the little monster.

I cycled home in between and cycled back for evening feed etc as the weather was great.:D

AND tomorrow I am at rideaway shopping and Friday is my birthday day.

Really is a crap post but feel like a 'proper' rider whatever the hell that is today. Came back from each session buzzing.

newrider.com