Hacking with Confidence....

just a short note to say that the third Hacking with Confidence course starts this sunday on the Berkshire downs - will let the participants post on here to let you know how it goes for them

here is what someone said about the last course:

Recently I did a Hacking with Confidence 5 day course with Cathy and that was really helpful too. We spent the first couple of days in the arena doing very useful hacking simulations, both on the ground and in the saddle. They included obvious things to practice, like how to quickly stop your horse and get off in an emergency, but they're so obvious we never think to do them without Cathy reminding us!

When we went out for hacks over the next 3 days, we were constantly assessing our confidence levels on a scale of 1 to 10 and if it was below 5 then we needed to get off! Again, so obvious we didn't think about it! I'v been putting off one of our local hacks because there is a fast, busy road to cross at one point, and I didn't feel very confident about riding across it, but now I know that I can get off at that point and lead him if necessary then get back on and carry on with the hack!"

the next ones are in Derbyshire and Shropshire -- with others being planned in Wiltshire and Berkshire again....

anyhow -- just thought it might be of interest to some of the riders here!

Cathy

www.EffectiveHorsemanship.com

You are not in my area but I have had several NLP sessions and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

If you are near enough to this and are having confidence issues - go:D

hey bunnylover -- these courses are on tour!

I am running one for four people in Derbyshire, August Bank Holiday weekend -- and one in Nottinghamshire in July...

Ideally I prefer 4 people -- three works -- and I am doing them with just two people, although we don't get as much "riding in company" practice then -- it still works

so -- if you have a friend who will join you, I can come to you!

you can email me on cathy at effectivehorsemanship dot com if you are interested!

Cathy

newrider.com