Hands up...who uses the horse first aid kit on themselves?

loopy1

Aug 14, 2009
ok, so i use the horses bite cream and ointmens etc., yesterday i hurt my elbow (carrying more than my own bodyweight down to the field, lol) so all through the night ive been using the horses' arnica and tea tree roll on...

at least i thought i had...

turns out at least some of the night in the dark ive been applying a roll on deoderant to my arm :D

so my elbow still hurts but ive no worries about body odour, lol

Most definately I had a horse do this to my hand on Monday

Image025.jpg

And this is what it looked like after we polticed padded and vet wrapped it. With added a plaster just to secure it

100_2530.jpg

ive purple sprayed my hand too :D

OH said whats that, has your pen leaked? no, i say, its purple spray...isnt that for the horses he says... :)

re purple spray...
was recently asked by a dog walker why id spray painted my horse, lol

ets, have also been asked why my horse is blindfolded...(fly mask) :D

I keep a substantial kit in one of those big plastic tool cases you get from diy stores. It doubles as a horse and human kit and has just about everything for treating minor cuts on fingers to the more serious stuff though I promise the stephescope is for listening to colicky horses only.

I might just point out that whether you kit is for horses, humans, or both, it is essential to keep it realy clean, hygenic and well organised.

I might just point out that whether you kit is for horses, humans, or both, it is essential to keep it realy clean, hygenic and well organised.

lol, mines practically filed into sub sections, but arnica on bedside table, deoderant on bedside table.....

Oh yes. Got a nasty cut on my leg right where the stirrup leather lies and didn't want to stop riding, so I put a Skintact dressing on it, wrapped it with Soffban and put a Vetrap over the top. Did the job nicely, I could ride in comfort!

Yeah....why not! If its good enough for my babies it will be fine for me!

It's also better stocked than my bathroom cabinet...lol...so am frequently out on the yard getting savlon or vetrap bandages! :D

newrider.com