Harrison Howard or Maxima rugs from ebay

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Has anyone got one? are they fairly good quality? how do they come up size wise?
The HH are a good price but they only have a 6'3", normally I get Jess 6'6" though since she lost weight they are a little on the big side, but if they are a small fitting 6'3" it might not be big enough, decisions, decisions.
The alternative is a Maxima one from ebay, again good price and ticks all the other boxes.
I was going to get amigo again as they fit her nicely but I can't seem to find a 200/250g combo in a 1200d and I'm fed up of 600d as they just dont last.

It was me!!!

The HH's come up big, more PE sizes I think. It's a good rug BUT the straps are pretty crap. Kev has had the straps on his neck ripped off twice playing, and the straps over the chest 'stick' on the Velcro and get all frayed. He eventually came in with one of those hanging off too. The rug however is still intact :)

I would buy it if it's a good deal and be prepared to get the straps changed to a more durable webbing. That's what I'm planning to do with mine.

I recommend the axiom rugs, really good rugs and cheap.

Reactions: Jayne and Jessey
Brilliant thanks, I can't stick crappy webbing (it just seems to make it fiddly to do up) so that puts the HH out for me.

Will look at the axiom ones now :)

I THINK I have an Axiom stable rug. Was meant to be a heavy weight but am not sure. Tobes never felt very warm under it and I have relegated it to the 'under rug if minus 15 department'. Not very good quality - think I would prefer a second hand better known make any day of the year.

Reactions: Jessey
I still cant decide, I got a weatherbeeta lightweight a couple of months ago, and its great but in a heavy downpour does leak a little so want a 1200d + for her mediumweight as thats her main winter rug. I'll probably do the same and stick with amigo or weatherbeeta

newrider.com