*Has anybody used a pessoa with a Dr Cooks bitless bridle?*

JULIA G

Aug 30, 2007
If so, how do you set it up? I want to use a pessoa but don't want to use it with a bridle :D

Also does anyone lunge generally with a bitless bridle?

I'm not a lot of help ... but I used my friend's pessoa on my share horse the other week for the first time, oh my God did that make a difference to his back end!! It was great to see! Anyway, back on topic :p

Dont know about pessoa but I am currently using a bitless bridle (Easy Trek) which is the same as a Dr.Cookes. So far my horse has gone really well, in fact dare I say it, much better. Ok you notice the steering is not so precise so you have to use your seat and legs etc. and my canter at the moment is not so collected, although I can slow her down but I have only used is two or three times so far. She doesnt nose poke and halts square!! Sorry I cant be of any help with the pessoa but the Dr Cookes is really simple to put on, I think its fitted like a normal bridle with the cross under straps being the pressure points to aid control/pace etc. There is a more technical way to fit a bridle which you can find on their website. Perhaps see is pessoa have the same.

You can use a lunge cavesson instead of a bridle for lunging with and can used side reins with it. Not sure you can use them with a pessoa, maybe you can ring them up and ask?
I use a pessoa on my horse and it has been great for building up her bum:p

newrider.com