Has anybody used hypnotherapy?

TaffyJay

Jan 16, 2006
South Wales
Question in the title really just interested to see what results people have had using hypnotherapy to combat riding nerves. Any comments appreciated:)

I've used it for job interview nerves. Did wonders for me, and then the self hypnosis CD I was given afterwards has also helped most of my family :)

Its definately worth giving it a go. I imagine it would work really well for riding.

I had hypnotherapy about six years ago cos I hated driving! Didn't do a thing for me, although I did feel very relaxed for the rest of the day. Waste of £35 in my opinion, although I do tend to be very sceptical about that sort of thing. Eventually conquered my nerves through sheer determination and perserverance.:)

Yes, I had it for my needle phobia. It's worked for me, recently I've had lots of blood tests and have been fine for most of them. This time last year I would have been a wreck. It's not cured me completely though, the last bloods I had done made me sick and my bp went right down. They did take about 5-6 vials at once though!

Thank you for your replies and how great to the people it has worked for. im torn whether to try it or not. my nerves take over and i want to start enjoying bein in the saddle again just wondered whether it worth a shot!

I've never tried it - it interests me, but also scares me, as something that can alter your state of thought - well, thats quite dangerous isn't it? I know drugs can do that too - but something that can make you believe stuff might be - well, I don't know, scary!! I know it doesn't work for everybody tho.

try www.ridewithconfidence.co.uk - i got their hack & jump - 2 seperate cds - with confidence self hypnosis cds - about £18 quid each - the hack with confidence 1 changed my life - havnt really put the time in with the jump 1 - but will do it over the winter

newrider.com