Has anyone found a horse by placing a 'wanted' ad?

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
Has anyone placed a 'wanted' ad either for a horse to buy or a horse to loan? How successful was this? Were you contacted by suitable horses or people trying to match their horse to your requirements? Are wanted ads a good idea generally?

I placed an ad looking for a loan and ended up with one on loan with a view to buy. He's an angel and I love him to bits.
I had so many offers i could have taken but plumped for my boy.
I'd do it it. Not everyone advertises their horses for sale or loan but the ad can prompt them.

I found the perfect horse for my son about 5 years ago from a wanted advert on Horsequest. We had many unsuitable horses offered - but he was the one & we would never have found him otherwise.

What have you got to lose.....

Friend placed a wanted ad, still hasn't found what she is looking for but
has had lots of contact from the Ad, so fingers X'd :wink:

Me!!!

I found Moet via a wanted advert. Had quite a few phonecalls, all suitable too.

I also found my sisters horse via a wants advert, again lots of suitable calls.

Both horses have been great!

I'm afraid my wanted ad hasnt been so lucky - specifically said absolutely NO TBs. Youngsters or Mares. almost every reply (and I had many) were one or all of the above!

But thats just here in Ireland - maybe a wanted ad over there might be a better bet for you than I found over here?:unsure:

I did.. although it wasnt the "horse" I had planned about, but now my little princess... Twas fate! :D

Actually come to think of it, Rascal also came to me by a sort of wanted ad!

newrider.com