Has anyone tried NAF Off citronella tag???

Strangely enough I have been looking at these myself - wonder if it might help Dolly when I am hacking her without her SI rug on? Will also be interested to hear opinion of anyone who has tried them.

Am seriously considering this year the cattle pour on. Friend of ours who trains p2p'ers uses it during the summer because they are all turned out - with good results.

Have just been a bit worried about it in case of a reaction, but it would be bliss not to have that problem.

Have never had huge success with NAF products, or even citronella - so ........... wouldn't hold out much hope for it. I hack out with a Cashel Quiet Ride mask which is very helpful - but of course doesn't touch the biting flies all over the body.

Last edited:
Just plaited some in today as flies were awful. I think that you need to do it on a herd basis as even those that lose their tags seem to get a seasons cover.

I would be a little bit wary of citronella ones, a lot of people are allergic to it ( including my daughter!!)

EML - which tags do you use and where do you get them from?

In my limited knowledge I know that pretty much the only thing that works on my boy contains permthrin. I use Coopers Fly Repellent Plus, but need to apply it everyday and seems to have little affect if out hacking (once he gets sweaty).

newrider.com